Expert pool “Design, implementation and institutionalization of an Agribusiness Investment Climate Survey”
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 3, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
NIRAS International Consulting is owned by foundation, the NIRAS GROUP is an international multidisciplinary consultancy firm with Nordic roots and values. We design, implement, and manage projects and investments that bolster economic development, enhance livelihoods, reduce inequality, improve education and health, and build environmental resilience. With more than 45 years of continuous presence across the Africa continent (including in Ethiopia) , and through the 300 or so projects that NIRAS international consulting pool of experts helps implement in well over 100 countries on annual basis , and contributed to the SDG.
GIZ Ethiopia - Agribusiness associations and dialogue mechanisms
Tasks of the pool of experts
- Design of an Agribusiness Investment Climate Survey
- Develop an institutional framework to implement the Agribusiness Investment Climate Survey.
- Training of the involved stakeholders
- Monitoring the implementation of the Agribusiness Investment Climate Survey and adapting the methodology if necessary.
- Institutional anchoring of the Agribusiness Investment Climate Survey.
- Conduct on a regular basis in coordination with the host partner organization of the Agribusiness Investment Climate Survey.
Project Period: several short-term assignments through 10/2021 – 10/2024
- Education: university degree (bachelor/diploma/master) in economics; social sciences, , agricultural sciences, statistics, sociology;
- Language: proficiency in English, C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, proficiency in a local language (B 1, oral only) of the project intervention area (Amhara, Oromia, Sidama);;
- General work experience: 10 years of work experience each in empirical social research; OR 10 years of work experience each in capacity development or/and organizational development; 8 years of which in Ethiopia.
- Specific work experience: 5 years of work experience each in implementing Agribusiness Investment Climate Surveys or other Investment Climate Surveys; OR 5 years of work experience each in data collection and processing; of which 5 years in Ethiopia.
- Regional experience :10 years of work experience in Ethiopia;
- Development Cooperation experience: 3 years of DC experience;
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the following link: https://cv.niras.com/job/show/7202
“only short-listed candidates will be contacted”
“Female applicants are highly encouraged”