|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Social Impact, Inc. (SI) s a Washington-based international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. In Ethiopia, SI is implementing the $2.0 million Ethiopia Organizational Development Activity (ODA) for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). ODA’s core services include providing internal organizational development support, providing leadership and management development assistance at individual and team levels, and designing and implementing change management system to guide the Activity’s objectives. performance monitoring support, collaborative learning and adapting (CLA) support, and capacity strengthening in MEL and CLA to USAID/Ethiopia and its implementing partners.
- Renew a common and omnipresent organizational ethos that effectively guides individual and team behaviors to support broad-based Mission goals and objectives;
- Facilitate the planning, implementation, and institutionalization of appropriate Mission technology, systems, and structures in relation to Mission challenges and context;
- Improve the identified hard and soft skills that enhance the Mission's ability to achieve its goals and objectives.
The facilitator will undertake the following illustrative tasks. Actual tasks will be set at the purchase order level:
- Meet with client and ODA staff before events to understand the event objectives, and prepare an appropriate and participatory facilitation design, incorporating ODA and client feedback as needed
- Facilitate the event, meeting, or workshop, including adapting based on flow or client feedback
- Support with documentation of the facilitation, in line with clients’ needs
- If requested, work with administrative support to help arrange meeting space, notetaking, and day-of management of the facilitation
ODA is developing a roster of facilitators based in Addis Ababa to design and facilitate events, meetings, and workshops for USAID. The ideal candidate will be have strong experience in facilitation, contextual knowledge and understanding of
- Organizational development
- Knowledge management
- Understanding of Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) principles
- Knowledge of international development (especially USAID)
- Fluent English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Ability to adapt to client requests and work with a team
Specific sectoral knowledge within international development may be an asset for certain tasks, as would be experience in different types of facilitation (such as design, presentation preparation, learning events, facilitating virtually, evidence reviews, or stakeholder consultations).
ODA will provide written requests via email to the potential facilitator (including stage of design, time, place, duration, and any special needs, such as sectoral expertise) to determine potential fit. Exact performance standards will be established at the Purchase Order level.
ODA will provide technical guidance throughout the design phase and written feedback, as necessary, and/or confirm receipt of completed work.
The facilitator must have the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as international development, political science, management, or organizational development
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- The ability to conduct client-facing work, with ODA and other stakeholders, to design and implement high-quality events, meetings, and workshops.
- Demonstrable experience in English facilitation in a professional environment, with experience in international development and for USAID strongly preferred
- The ability to maintain high-quality work with tight deadlines, including adapting to client requests in coordination with ODA
- Excellent professionalism, including focus and discretion
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Google Drive products without support
- Certain tasks may require expertise in a given sector or type of facilitation, and any areas of expertise candidates possess (sector, type of facilitation) should be noted clearly on one’s CV
**Only candidates based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia will be considered. ODA encourages qualified Ethiopian and expatriate candidates based in Addis Ababa to apply.
Interested candidates should apply through SI’s applicant portal at this link: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3934