|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 10, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
TIMRAN is an indigenous not-for-profit organization established in January 2020. TIMRAN emerged as a local nonpartisan civil society organization dedicated to advance women’s participation in politics and public decision-making in Ethiopia regardless of their political opinion or party affiliation.
TIMRAN, in partnership with Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa (OSIEA) is organizing a capacity-building training involving an experience sharing session on enhancing women’s participation in national dialogues. Experts from other countries will be invited to share their experiences on women’s participation in national dialogues. The training aims to build capacity from the lessons and experiences in advancing women’s role in the national dialogue to women’s rights organizations and CSOs so that they will be capable of designing their strategy based on such lessons.
The facilitator will lead the sessions for two consecutive days as per the agenda set by TIMRAN.
The facilitator expected to perform at least the following tasks:
- lead the discussion forum pursuant to the agenda prepared by the organization;
- engage with the assigned presenters (international experts who will be sharing their experiences) to lead the sessions conveniently to both the presenters and the participants;
- encourage participants to share their views on the discussion points;
- answer questions raised by participants at the meeting within the scope of the event;
- remove irrelevant or inappropriate content from the discussion and try her best to maintain the theme of the discussion;
- form convenient groups among participants for group discussions and provide topics for the group discussion,
- In general, set the ground rules, get things flowing, keep up the momentum, summarize, reflect and improve.
Mode of Facilitation
The facilitation will be made both in Amharic and English following informative and arousing techniques.
The facilitator is expected to facilitate the sessions for two consecutive days on the 15th and 16th of March 2022.
- Reputable experience in facilitating similar workshops,
- Good understanding of country context, national dialogue and peacebuilding,
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and Amharic,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,