|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ - Internal and External Vacancy Announcement
GIZ- Energy Programme
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian Government and other international donors.
Energizing Development Ethiopia (EnDev) Ethiopia (being implemented by GIZ) supports a sustainable supply of energy services to lower-income households, social institutions and small to medium sized enterprises with a focus on rural areas. EnDev is a multi-donor and multi-implementer energy access partnership. It is currently financed by six donor countries – the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Sweden. Being part of the global programme, EnDev Ethiopia receives additional co-funding from Ireland, the Korea Foundation for International Healthcare and the European Union.
- Assist in planning for the future office space and supply needs of EnDev ET office.
- Manage staff services requests and liaise with the office users regarding concerns, requests for works etc.
- Review the cleaning services for the buildings to ensure that the buildings are exceptionally clean and tidy and that the service responds to the needs of users.
- Assist the management of the security function for the EnDev ET Offices and manage the waste disposal and recycling arrangements for the office buildings.
- Work with other colleagues; contractors and service providers as appropriate to ensure the satisfactory of working condition of all offices and equipment used for the operation of the EnDev ET Offices through preventative maintenance and any necessary reactive or planned maintenance works.
- Responsible for development and implement planned and preventative maintenance programmes.
- Assist in assessing the availability and suitability of options for new premises/offices including the best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises/offices;
- Manage contracts of different activities in related to facility management and prepare tender specifications for the procurement of future contracts.
- Research best practice in Facilities Management and develop effective facilities related policies for EnDev ET offices.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post
- Assist the Facilities and Logistics Section Manager in the management of EnDev ET offices facilities and deliver agreed implementation activities as assigned by the Logistics and Facilities Section Manager.
- Contribute to the implementation of the facilities infrastructure and systems, delivering key tasks as assigned by the Logistics and Facilities Section Manager.
- Assist the Logistics and Facilities Section Manager in the management of consultancy contracts across all EnDev ET offices, including, utilities, recycling waste, telephone services, cleaning and looking for efficiencies.
- Manage the delivery of a safe and conducive working environment in the EnDev ET offices, providing the full range of office facilities services required to operate effectively.
- Provide safety services including security of the offices, and first aid cover.
- Deliver office renovation, maintenance and expansion projects, liaising with staff and external contractors to ensure safe and effective delivery of projects on time, to budget and to the agreed specification.
- Ensure that communal areas and the meeting room suites are fully functional, dealing with all issues to ensure that they remain fit for purpose and in a fully prepared state
Required Candidates: One
Required qualifications, experiences and competences:
- University degree in Business/Public Administration, Civil Engineering, or other relevant field relating to Facility Management
- 3-5 years of experience working in facilities management
Other knowledge, additional competences :
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety law and its implementation
- Diligent, hardworking and showing high level of integrity;
- Attention to detail, flexibility and willingness to learn and improve performance;
- Solution-oriented approach;
- Ability to harness and help improve the performance capacity of colleagues.
- Very good knowledge of computer applications (MS Office and AutoCAD) and other technological tools for program monitoring.
- Very good analytical, writing, presentation, communication and relationship management skills.
- Fluent in English and Amharic, and comfort to work in a multicultural environment.
- Fast learner, with upbeat communication skills.