|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Contract |
All God’s Children International (AGCI) is non-governmental organization that implements orphan care in Ethiopia including education sponsorship program and reunification/reintegration program. AGCI intends to hire employees for the following positions on contract basis:
The Social Worker conducts and coordinates cultural and other human behavioral survey; assesses its consequence on the implementation AGCI reunification home intervention; and promotes community participation for the implementation of the project. Liaise with child, family and other stakeholders who will have interaction with child in AGCI reunification home intervention. The incumbent also manages communication with administration authorities, local communities, and projects’ beneficiaries including children at the reunification home and at the community and the child care providers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design appropriate formats for data collection and prepare reports on child and family;
- Collect and assess data on cultural, attitudinal and other human behavioral required relevant to providing child care services;
- Conduct assessment on the status of children and families at partner orphanages and one-stop dropping centers and prepare reports for potential reunification and domestic adoption;
- Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required to meet their needs;
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, child care, and/or medical care;
- Maintain case history records and prepare reports;
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required;
- Address legal issues, such as child abuse and discipline, assist with hearings and providing testimony to inform custody arrangements.
- In consultation with Nurse, arrange for medical, psychiatric, and other tests that may disclose causes of difficulties and indicate remedial measures for children;
- Evaluating personal characteristics of child caregiver and conditions of the childcare home;
- Serve as a liaison between children, reunification home, family, child guidance clinics, courts, protective services, medical center, and other contacts, to help children who face problems such as disabilities and abuse;
- Perform other tasks within the scope of his/her work, as assigned by the Social Service Director.
- Social Services Director
Terms and Conditions for all positions
Terms of Employment:
- One-year contract, including 45 days probation period, with possibility of renewal, based on performance and availability of fund
Place of Work:
- Addis Ababa
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, or related field plus more than 3-year experience
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly growing program, in addition to remaining self-motivated and goal-oriented;
- Experience and ability to work with children of all ages and their parents;
- Knowledge of different child developmental stages;
- Experience providing childcare and support to children of all ages;
- Availability to work evenings and occasional weekends;
- Familiarity with community and social service agencies/resources in Ethiopia;
- Experience in creatively advocating and providing support to families;
- Ability to offer emotional support / excellent listening skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to address conflict and contribute alternative solutions in a direct, constructive and positive manner;
- Ability to participate in collective, non-hierarchical decision making within small team and all staff environments;
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member;
- Ability to speak and write reports in both Amharic and English; and
- Computer proficiency in basic software such as words, excel, etc.
Interested and qualified applicants can send their CV through firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Use " Family Social Worker" as the subject line of your email !