|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 8, 2021|
The Farm Manager is required:
The role is responsible for Monitoring, coordinating, planning, organization, supervision and administration of activities on farm estates in support of the achievement of business objectives.
KEY OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters.
- Ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets.
- Undertake practical activities, such as driving tractors, operating machinery, feeding livestock or spraying fields.
- Facilitating the supplies, such as fertilizer and seeds.
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Maintain and monitor the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops
- Understand the implications of the weather and make contingency plans
- Maintain and keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests & diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Organizing sales and purchases of livestock, farm equipment, crops and agricultural products
- Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
- Recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers
- Making sure that work progresses satisfactorily
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards
- Organizing maintenance/repair of farm property, equipment and machinery.
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING
- Agile in thinking and nimble in decision making
- Adept at discerning and balancing the most important priorities (simplifies complexity)
- Simplifies the decision-making process for self and others
- Efficiently applies rigor and operating discipline to ensure decisions are made on a timely basis
- Applies a broad base of knowledge and experience to solve complex issues
- Proven ability to foresee and take action against potential risks to the business/system as a whole
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL
- Manage and drive the farm performance measurement requirements.
Reports to : General Manager
Location : Daramalo Plant
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MSC/BSC Degree in Plant Science, Crop Protection, Agricultural Economics and Environmental Management.
- Eight years of private commercial farming work experience. for MSC and ten years for BSC from which four years of work experience in team leadership
- Compliance, Governance and Ethics
- Detailed focused
- Problem solving and analysis
- Team player
- Communicate professionally
- Pro-actively encourage participation, problem-solving and idea-sharing in team meetings.
- Develop self-awareness
Interested applicants are invited to submit their original documents with non-returnable copies of credentials and CV in person within 10 working days from the date of announcement to LUNA Export Slaughter House PLC Human Resource Department office located around Bole Cargo. Beside Brazil Embassy E-mail Address sintayehuluna@Gmail.com, Tel: - 011-662-78-94/96/98Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.