|Date Posted||September 4, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This position is open to internal and external applicants.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Field Associate is normally supervised by the (Senior) Field Officer or Head of Office and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The Field Associate may supervise some General Service support staff.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information, to establish understanding of respective needs; to ensure provision of services and resolution of problems and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
The Field Associate is supervised by the Field Officer at Debark Office and performs a variety of functions related to the program in close consultation with Program Unit.
The incumbent will have daily contacts with POCs and staff in the various functional units at the Field Office. The Field Associate should have strong report writing and analytical skills. She/ He should have experience in conducting assessments to understand IDP/returnee issues for support and guidance provided to partners. She/ He should have strong coordination skills and work well in a team of various actors including government counterparts. The incumbent will be working closely with the community to ensure timely provision of services rendered in an age, gender and diversity inclusive manner and communicate any shortfalls and enhance monitoring of all UNHCR programs in operational area.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR's core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Monitor the situation in the AoR, collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Monitor the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Undertake regular visits to various sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Act as interpreter when required.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info, preparing tables, etc.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Inform and act on the reports received on persons of concern within the refugee community or from the local authorities.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
- Not applicable
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Business Administration
- Political Science
Relevant Job Experience
- Not specified
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- UNHCR field experience.
- *IT-Computer Literacy
- EX-Field experience
- MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
- CL-Multi-stakeholder Communications with Partners,
- PG-Programme Management (project formulation, programme cycles and reporting standards)
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
- English is essential
- Amharic and Tigrinya are desirable
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- An eliminatory or complementary written test for shortlisted candidates may be conducted which will be followed by competency-based interview.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through: UNHCR - Careers
The closing date for submission of applications is 10 September 2021 Midnight, Ethiopia Time.