|Location||jigjiga -with frequent field travels, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Cordaid is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines expertise in humanitarian aid and development cooperation to realize structural poverty eradication. Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. Cordaid’s work focuses is on the value of every human being and the solidarity to provide a dignified existence for everyone. Cordaid Ethiopia has been operating since 2006 in Ethiopia.
Cordaid Ethiopia is seeking qualified professional Field Coordination Officer
The Somali Region–Field Coordination Officer will represent Cordaid Ethiopia in Somali region, and strengthen Cordaid’s partnerships and manage relations with regional authorities, UN agencies, local and international NGOs, Private Sector and other relevant actors in the Region.
This position is part of the larger program team and will work closely with the Head of programs and entire program team.
Key Results Expected:
- Liaise with regional authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, Private Sector and other relevant actors in Somali region to ensure effective representation of Cordaid and its operations; Be the eyes and ears of Cordaid in the region
- Actively participate in humanitarian and development coordination meetings and ensure adequate representation of Cordaid’s operations in the region;
- Business development – identify funding opportunities and collaborations and be part of the proposal development team;
- Carry out needs assessments in collaboration with program team when called upon;
- Develop and maintain an effective system to continuously seek and capture Cordaid’s achievements and results;
- Support all program implementation in the Somali region, where necessary coordinating project management with local implementing partners.
- Provide technical support to partners and government, underpinning localization agenda in all engagements;
- Support, enable and facilitate close and collaborative relationships between Cordaid’s partners in Somali region.
- Coordinate and harmonize the design, implementation and evaluation of Cordaid’s programmes in Somali region ensuring documentation of good practices and lessons learned.
- Ensure the Country Director and Management Team is briefed on strategic level stakeholder interaction, including changes to key policies and procedures at regional level;
- Provide the Management Team with comprehensive contextual briefs and messaging guidance prior to interaction with regional counterparts, communities or other officials;
- Critically assess capacity gaps and risks that may hinder effective implementation of project activities and develop solutions as required.
- Support the Organization in other operations or roles as required by the Country office.
- Provide weekly security updates to the security officer;
- Coordinate and support Cordaid program visits to the region.
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Pastoral Development, Environmental Science, or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience out of which a minimum of 4 years in Somali region.
- Team spirit, strong interpersonal communications and coordination skills.
- Demonstrable ability to forge, expand and sustain fruitful partnership with key stakeholders in Somali region;
- Solid understanding of Ethiopian Somali region pastoral livestock production systems, Broad perspective on agropastoral livelihoods and the ecosystem dynamics.
- Knowledge of the current national livestock development policy directions and strategies.
- Work experience on International donor-funded programs a plus.
- Communication skill both in electronic and print media
- Report writing skill (mandatory)
- Excellent adaptive problem-solver in challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and Somali is required; knowledge of other working languages is a plus.
- Proficient Microsoft Office user.
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due to urgency of the vacancy , the selection will be done on a rolling basis.
CORDAID is an equal opportunities employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.