|Location||Gode, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
|Availablity:||As soon as possible|
|Number of Posts||1 (One)|
|Salary Scale:||As per the organization salary Scale|
|Contract Duration:||End of December 2022 with high possibility of extension|
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position
About Action Against HungerAction Against Hunger-USA is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children and we enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 8,000 staff in over 50 countries, our programs reached 17 million people in 2019.
About the Country Program in Ethiopia
Action Against Hunger has been operational in Ethiopia since 1984 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sectoral strategy where Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support activities are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience.
Action Against Hunger currently operates in 5 different regions (Oromia, Somali, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz and Gambella) with a portfolio of 20m USD/year of emergency, resilience building, research and innovation programs. We have a country team of around 600 staff in 17 regional and satellite offices. Our main donors in Ethiopia in 2020/2021 are: BHA, ECHO, Europaid, UNHCR, UNICEF, GFFO, BPRM, SIDA, EHF, WFP, CIAA and others.
I. Summary of position
Action Against Hunger in Ethiopia is looking for a seasoned and results oriented Field Coordinator to lead and expand our field operations and program response in Tigray Region. This is an operational position that requires extensive past experience in emergency programming in armed conflicts.
The Field Coordinator role’s purpose, engagement and delivery is:
To lead the program implementation across a related project and provide professional advice within defined program areas.
The Field coordinator will have a regular communication and coordination with program managers. The person closely works and collaborate with the Program Director, Country Humanitarian Coordinator, Emergency Response Manager, Waghimra Field Coordinator and other senior team members.
Externally, the person works closely with the other member organizations, woreda, zonal, regional and national government offices, local NGO, CSOs/CBOs and the targeted communities and build effective network with local agencies and INGOS.
Build credible program reputation through the delivery of complex and high program activities that address the need of beneficiaries and demonstrate organizational capacity substantively and operationally.
II. Essential job duties
- With the support of the local PMs and the Technical Advisers in AA, participate and contribute to the development of new projects including feasibility, draft of concept notes and LFA (TAs in AA are in charge of proposal writing eventually)
- Lead field access negotiations with civilian administration, military forces and UAGs on the ground, build acceptance among local communities and develop a relationship of trust with local actors
- Perform daily security management of all field teams out of Abi Adi town and in direct coordination with the local FC, Director of Operations and develop context specific SOPs
- Lead the daily work of the emergency response teams, draft weekly work plans, set short term objectives and ensure staff performance
- Scale up Health, Nutrition, WASH, NFI distribution and Protection activities in line with approved UNICEF, IOM, SWAN, SIDA and CIAA proposals
- Ensure that field implementation is based on verifiable needs and observe the highest standards in line with the principles of neutrality and impartiality
- Coordinate the recruitment and assembly of culturally appropriate response teams including support and program staff.
- Perform project management duties as needed including Budget Follow Ups (BFUs), Activity Progress Reports (APRs), Procurement Follow Ups (BFUs) in collaboration with the DC
- Manage the Central and Southeastern Tigray field staff including the Deputy FC, organize the common Guesthouse in Abi Adi and make sure all staff respect AAH’s Code of Conduct and Charter of Principles
- Actively participate in the identification and opening of new field offices compliant with our Minimum Security Standards
- Coordinate the procurement or transportation of humanitarian supplies in collaboration with the Head of the Logistics Department and ensure that last mile deliveries takes place in a safe, transparent and accountable way
- Brief the Country Director on context related issues with a focus on Protection of Civilians, IHL violations, GBV concerns
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
All Program Managers, Emergency Team Leader, Base Human Resources Manager/Administrator, Senior Field Finance Officer, Logistics Officer and Senior MEAL Officer
IV. Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
V. Fiscal Responsibility
Overall management of regions budget
VI. Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VII. Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Masters / Bachelor's degree in humanitarian related fields
Required Skills & Competencies
- At list Five years of field experiences in operational management of humanitarian-development programs
- A proven track record on project management on one of the following topic (WASH, FS, Nutrition) or a proven track record of support management of humanitarian-development project (Admin, Log, HR).
- Excellent capacity of strategic humanitarian context analysis
- Proven record of security and base management in development and post-crisis settings
- Strong management skills and leadership, pro-activity
- Strong communication, networking and representation
- Good team worker, facilitator and mediator
- Understanding of the local culture and language is mandatory
If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “ Field Coordinator- Gode” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants to the following addresses: Through www.ethiojobs.net