|Location||Six Zones of Oromia Region (West and East Wollega, Buno-Bedele, Illubabor, Jimma and West Shewa)., Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Public Health Association (EPHA) is professional association that has been working for more than 30 years registering remarkable results towards the overall development of the health sector.
EPHA has been implementing the David and Lucile Packard Foundation funded Reproductive Health/Family Planning grants to expand and increase access to quality and comprehensive community based Family Planning services. Recently, EPHA began RH/FP project which aims to support the national IUCD through level–IV HEWs’ initiatives via building the competency of Level IV HEWs, equipping health posts, strengthening referral linkage, community engagement and generating evidence based information. This project is being implemented in Jimma, Illubabor, Buno-Bedele, West Wollega, East Wollega, and West Shewa. Thus, EPHA is looking for field FP project officer on the basis of short time who are qualified and will successfully accomplish the following responsibilities.
Position Purpose: The officer will be responsible to plan field project activities, closely monitor the progress and its implementation, compile and record all accomplishments, and produce technical reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement various field project activities in the target zonal, woredas, HFs and communities in consultation with zone and Woreda health Offices and central project coordinator.
- Plan different ways of doing activities in the era of Covid -19 (Corona Virus disease -19)
- Manage both the logistic and technical preparatory activities in advance such as identifying and inviting trainees, and trainers, securing training venue, secure and distribute supplies, products and materials which are necessary for these trainings in collaboration with Woreda health Offices.
- Ensure that quality of the planned FP trainings will be conducted based on checklists and as per the national standards.
- Manage mobilization of clients in advance and arrange health facilities for practical sessions in collaboration with Woreda health office in order to achieve the required skills of LAR C insertion and removal on real client using right based approach
- Conduct supportive supervision, coaching/mentoring and post training follow up
- Ensure that all activities are accomplished maintaining its standard and quality results are delivered
- Provide monitoring the progress, document lessons learned and best practice
- Facilitate field financial management as per EPHA financial operational manuals including supporting project cashiers.
- Technically support Woreda health office and health facilities in implementing FP/RH activities.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Supervision and Reporting
The filed officer is expected to submit deliverables and report to professional development and training department of EPHA and works under the direct supervision of the project coordinator.
Required: two or three
Duration of Employment: 3 months with possible extension based on the budget availability and performance
Education qualification and relevant work experiences
- MPH or MSC preferably in Reproductive Health with background in Midwifery, Nursing, or Health Officer or equivalent and two years of relevant work experiences, preferably in coordinating or facilitating RH/FP program/projects
- BSc in Midwifery, Nursing, or Health Officer or equivalent and four years of relevant work experiences, preferably in coordinating or facilitating RH/FP program/projects
- Experience of working with INGOs or local NGO is desired
- Sound clinical experience of providing LARC methods mainly IUCD insertion at health facilities at least for one year - written evidence is required
- Comprehensive Family Planning with emphasis of LAFP methods, priority will be given to those having ToT or master TOT.
Technical and other skills
- Good knowledge and skill of participatory training methodologies and skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with a proactive approach
- Ability to work outside the ‘business as usual approach’.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to use additional statistical packages for analysis an advantage e.g. SPSS, Epi-Info
- Computer literacy and report writing skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Internet)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of professionals.
- Fluency in English and Oromiffa language – Mandatory
- Must have integrity and pleasant personality
Interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can submit their applications letter, updated CV and credentials to EPHA Head Office in person or using mail address. Close to Dreamliner Hotel on the way to Meskel Flower about 500 meters from Dembel City Center, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Tel: +251-114-166083/+25211-4166041
P. o .Box 7117
or through ethiojobs.net
Females are strongly encouraged to apply