|Location||Wolayita Soddo, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Founded in 1980, Inter Aide is a French non-governmental organization specialized in the implementation of concrete development programs, in response to precise vital needs for the most deprived populations. In Ethiopia, Inter Aide starts its intervention for almost 30 years and has implemented Agriculture, Water Supply and Health programs in the SNNPR Region.
For its project in SNNPR, Inter Aide France is seeking 2 Head Admin Managers to support, assist, train and follow The field administrators of its programs
The Field Head Admin is responsible for the checking of accounting envelopes, the follow up of admin documentation of the different projects, the respect of Internal rules linked to Admin/Accounting/Finance at project level, the training of projects Officers and Field Admins on accounting/Admin/Finance purpose in collaboration with the Finance and Admin Manager based in Addis Office, and a regular reporting to adapt IAF practices as per the field requirements as well as improving Admin/Finance/Accounting practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Head Admin is responsible for deeply checking the monthly accounting envelopes prepared by Field Admins (approximative 6 databases), the eligibility of all receipts, the cash boxes in hand of projects, the follow up of advances, the consistencies of expenses and remittances, with a dedicated look on the respect of guidelines. The Field Head Admin will also validate the encoding and management of one particular accounting database dedicated to project expenses.
- The Field Head Admin will check properly the different bank and cash transactions, the respect of guidelines on cash management and the respect of supporting documents to be kept in office.
- The Field Head Admin has to Follow the compliance with Inter Aide France financial policies (or exceptionally donor’s policies), government and legal requirements.
- The field Head Admin will ensure the respect of Administrative rules of Ethiopia at project level especially on Withholding and Income tax, Pension and severance payments, and will ensure Human Resources and documents to be kept in Project offices are updated and well archived.
- In order to improve regularly the level of understanding of Field Admins and Project Officers, the Field Head Admin will report the gap of knowledge that need to be improved at field Admin and PO level, will check the understanding of rules and the ways of doing to increase the quality of accounting feedbacks given by project admins.
- Additionally, to those specific duties, the Field Head Admin is asked to be very flexible and ready to perform other duties linked to Admin/Finance/Accounting requested by Addis Office and Headquarter that would enable to facilitate the functioning of the organization.
- 2 (Two)
- 1-year renewable
- Wolayita Soddo/ with regular travel on field projects locations
Education and/or Experiences:
- Master ’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Administration with 2 years’ experience as Financial and Administration Manager or related post
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years’ experience as Financial and Administration Manager or related post
- Previous experience in INGO is preferable
Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualities:
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office Pack and accounting software’s (high interest to work on excel and design follow up tools)
- Advanced accounting capabilities with high interest for administrative duties
- Drastic on following up and control
- Very good English language writing and speaking skills, local languages will be a plus
- Fluent Amharic and English language skills
- Very good communication skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office Pack
- Flexibility and open mind
- Willing to work in a development INGO dedicating its activities to the most deprived populations of Ethiopia.
- Capable of knowledge transfer, interested to spread training
- Well organized especially on Administrative document classification
NB: only selected candidates will be notified for further interview
If you feel you correspond to the job description, please send your cover letter, CV, Diploma and work certificate with 3 referrals at : firstname.lastname@example.org or in Inter Aide Soddo Office before February, 7th 2020
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply!