|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
You will support Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) activities operating through its sub-office in Shashemene to ensure implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Out of the Shashemene sub-office you will ensure the development and effective management of operational systems and resources and support the delivery of high-quality programming in coordination with the CRS main office in Addis Ababa.
- Manage planning and implementation of all key activities at the sub-office level ensuring alignment with Country Program (CP), CRS Agency and donor strategic programming and operations excellence priorities and standards.
- Manage or coordinate management/administrative operations functions in the field office – systems, processes and staffing – that meet CRS’ standards, donor requirements, and local regulations and that are in support of high-quality programming.
- Serve as the security focal point for the Shashemene field office. Proactively manage security and mitigate security risks. Ensure a safe work and living environment through leading implementation of safety and security protocols and staff care and well-being best practices.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise any Shashemene based admin and logistics staff. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity. Contribute to staffing plans and recruitment process of Shashemene based Finance and Administrative staff.
- Manage all Shashemene based team dynamics and staff well-being – Program staff as well as Operations.
- Support Addis based supervisors in managing Shashemene based program staff (dotted line support).
- As the primary representative of CRS in Shashemene, strengthen existing relationships with local partners, government, and vendors.
- Proactively and effectively manage resources and promote stewardship, ensuring program and operations teams have and optimize the appropriate human, financial, and material resources and tools.
- Support Addis based DFSA program staff efforts to ensure high-quality project implementation, management, and compliance with programmatic standards, policies and procedures- through the Shashemene based field officers.
- Monitor day-to-day operations to ensure operational services (HR, Finance, Admin, ICT) are delivered with high quality in an efficient manner and adhere to policies, including property and procurement management. Manage risk and address challenges that affect the proper stewardship, optimal utilization and maintenance of Shashemene based program assets and resources (financial, human, and material).
- Manage the CRS and any rental vehicles assigned to the CRS office in Shashemene to ensure that the vehicles are regularly serviced and kept in optimal running condition. Ensure that individual files are maintained for each vehicle.
- Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. In consultation with Addis based staff, help identify capacity strengthening needs for staff and coordinate with CRS Ethiopia program and operations teams to address capacity strengthening.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or BA degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or relevant Development field. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience for Master’s degree holders or 6 years work relevant work experience for BA degree holders in a non-profit, development, and/or humanitarian organization with progressive responsibilities and some project management experience. Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Experience working with projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Experience in stakeholder management and establishing and strengthening community partnerships.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Knowledge of procurement and general office administrative/management issues
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Able to live in an environment where everyday comforts may not be readily available.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: English
Travel Required: 20% to DFSA field sites in Arsi and West Arsi Zones and occasional travel to Addis.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Field based Finance and Admin Officers (estimated at 2)
Internal: DFSA Chief of Party, DFSA DCOP for Finance and Compliance, DFSA DCOP for Programming, DFSA DCOP Gender and Youth, other DFSA Managers, all Country Program staff, Regional and Headquarters technical staff.
External: Implementing partners, officials at USAID, government bodies at different levels, representatives from for-profit and other non-profit organizations, representatives of non-traditional public donors including UN, World Bank, and others, and relevant GoE stakeholders
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Duty Station: CRS-Shashamane Office
You should fill the application form through the link: https://form.jotform.com/202333681218551 by copying & pasting the link in a browser. Please do not forget to attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline August 31, 2020.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women & persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply**