|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 29, 2020|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The role of a Field Manager is to coordinate, manage, and monitor the implementation of the diaries repeat interview process for this project. The role involves a range of activities from the planning of fieldwork activities, management of implementation of fieldwork activities, several rounds of training, continuously coordinating and supervising field teams, conducting quality control checks, translations and preparing reports for L-IFT management and the client. The Field Manager shall be directly supervised and work closely with the Project Manager.
THE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Survey Instrument design feedback, piloting and translation;
- Delivery of Field Team Training Programme;
- Planning and management of project logistics;
- Field team supervision and coaching;
- Quality control management and data queries;
- Quality control visits;
- Troubleshoot field problems;
- Liaise with local authorities;
- Field reports
Career Level: Mid-level (3-5 years of experience)
The following are ideal features that are considered for recruitment.
Profile of an ideal candidate for field manager
- A Master’s degree in the field of economics, statistics, sociology, anthropology, development studies, psychology, or a related field
- Experience in qualitative and (or) quantitative field research
- Experience organizing or leading a project or programme
- Experience supervising people in a participatory, stimulating way while strictly monitoring the excellent results
- Good understanding of how small business functions in the country (ideally comes from small business owner’s family)
- Good Maths skills, excel skills are an advantage
- Good writing skills in English, ability to write report precisely and analytically
- Good verbal skills: diplomatic and assertive
- Good command of Amharic and English. Good command of Oromiffa is a plus.
- Some computer skills, good command of Microsoft Office suite and Dropbox / Google drive.
- Excellent command of technology and smartphones
- Continuous access (daily) to email, and social media platforms
Characteristics: Natural leader; Good planner; Can report concisely according to a format; Responsible; Motivated/committed; Energetic/enthusiastic; Fast/pro-active (takes initiative to solve problems); Good with people (listener); Reliable/conscientious; Technology oriented; Interest in research; Good communicator; Modest; Non-judgmental; Organized/disciplined; Adaptable (Adjust easily with unpredictable situations)
To apply for this position, please complete the Job Application form on our website: www.l-ift.com and send your motivation letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject of “Field Manager-Small Firms Diaries”. Deadline for application is within 15 days following the job posting. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.