|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges Project HOPE seeks experienced professionals to support an anticipated evaluation project in Ethiopia. This anticipated project will be for seven months. These positions are contingent upon award.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability and transparency.
REPORTS TO: Field Program Coordinator
DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, B/Dar, Kombolcha, Jigjiga, Semera, Hawassa, Gambella
MINIMUM HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours per Week
· Supervise data collectors during field survey and other evaluation activities
· Work closely with partner local organizations and provide guidance as appropriate
· Regularly assess survey and study sites to ensure tasks were completed as directed, and provide feedback to local partners and data collectors
· With guidance from Field Coordinator and other evaluation team, train staff and assign tasks to field team and ensure team members are working safely and effectively
· Work closely with Logistics and Operations team and the Field coordinator in planning, deploying and coordinating of staff, vehicles and other equipment and materials before, during and after the evaluation process.
· Perform routine checks on daily tasks, ensure proper collection and storage of equipment, data collections tools, interview guides at the end of work day/ week,
· Ensure sufficient quantities of fuel, supplies, and equipment are available for the duration of the workday.
· Regularly inform Field Coordinator on daily performance and any incidents that may arise during field work
· Complete daily field reports including hours worked by each field team member,
· Participate in the recruitment and/or interview of data collectors in respective regions/ woredas
· Participate in training of data collectors and interviews of subjects during data collection, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
· Attend project meetings when requested
· Attend regional level meetings, workshops and other technical meetings as necessary
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Nursing or related field, MPH preferred
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in public health or nursing with experience in MCH service provision at Primary health care level
· Fluent in speaking local language
· Ready to travel most of the time in project/ evaluation sites
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter through ethiojobs on or before October 15, 2021 by 5:00 PM.