Field Officer (Peacebuilding and Livelihood)
|Date Posted||August 3, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organisation working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life in dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works include humanitarian response, food security, Resilience building of vulnerable community members and Gender and capacity building of civil society organizations.
Currently DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent Field Officer (Peacebuilding and Livelihood).
Overall Job purpose:
DCA Ethiopia seeks experienced field officer with previous experience of planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluation of peacebuilding and social cohesion and livelihood programs with specific relevance to refugee and host community settings. He/she will be responsible for close coordination with the local authorities and consortium members- under the technical supervision of FSL project coordinator and implement peacebuilding and social cohesion and livelihood activities. The Field Officer is responsible for beneficiary targeting, beneficiary registration and verification, beneficiary sensitization, mobilization, distribution of inputs to beneficiaries, provision of training to targeted beneficiaries and daily monitoring of activities. In addition the officer will be responsible for effective implementation of peacebuilding and social cohesion activities. The officer will also assist in designing and implementing peacebuilding and social cohesion interventions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Planning and implementation
- Provide organized inputs to the planning process and ensure community level issues and concerns are included in concept notes and proposals.
- Prepare woreda and camp level detailed activity implementation plan.
- Provide day to day technical support to irrigation and livestock activities.
- Build capacity of targeted beneficiaries and government stakeholders.
- Design and implement participatory approaches for project implementation.
- Fully responsible for collection and analysis of data/information at woreda and camp level.
- Identify core implementation challenges and take remedial actions as required.
- Ensure proper implementation of improved livestock management practices among project beneficiaries
- Organize youth/ beneficiaries into self-help groups and help the group function properly.
- Ensure timely and proper distribution of project inputs to the target beneficiaries
- Actively take part in context and conflict assessments in refugee camps and host communities
- Contribute to development of concept notes and proposal for peacebuilding
- Contribute to development of strategies and approaches to effective implementation of peacebuilding and social cohesion activities
- Prepare detail work plan for implementation of peace and social cohesion activities of the RISING and Act alliance projects
- Continuously collect and share new updates and developments related to social cohesion and peace building at regional and local (camp) level
- Is responsible for timely and quality implementation of peace related activities and attainment of targets
- Secure the coordination and collaboration of relevant stakeholders
- Support in developing and implement guidelines and manuals that will help to enhance social cohesion
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Conduct daily field visits and monitor process and quality compliance with sphere standards.
- Take part in baseline and end line data collection as required.
- Conduct post distribution monitoring upon distribution of materials and inputs to project beneficiaries.
- Collect routine monitoring data on the status of the project and share the data with the Project Coordinator.
- Prepare and submit regular monitoring report to the line manager as per the required timeline and template
- Share monitoring findings and information with project coordinator
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the line manager.
- Document lessons and best practices.
Representation and coordination
- Duly represent DCA in meeting with beneficiaries and beneficiary representative
- Organize regular meeting with the community representatives and clarify DCA planned activities with the beneficiaries
- Create and foster the spirit and culture of teamwork with in DCA team and other partners
- Ensure that good relations are maintained with ARRA, all partners and stakeholders at Camp level and beyond.
- Promote the organizations key values and principles
- Represent DCA at woreda and camp level coordination meetings
- Ensure proper sharing of information to stakeholders
- Seek and solicit support from government and non-government actors for successful implementation of the project.
Complaint and Feed back
- Assess service gaps, complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and ensure they are handled properly.
- Ensure complaint handling mechanisms are inpace and working properly
- Ensure beneficial complaints are handled in safe and confidential manner.
- Integrate community feedbacks into the response plans and project activities.
- Make sure that community facilitators are regularly collecting and updating complaints from beneficiaries.
Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/ VA- 21/2021
Number Required: One
Type of Contract: Until April 30,2022 with possibility of extension
Reporting to: FSL project coordinator
Expected Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Salary: According to DCA national staff salary scale
- First degree with Four years of experience or Master with two years of experience in peace and security studies, law, sociology, or the social science.
- Do you have direct experience in peacebuilding and livelihood projects
- Good Knowledge of the refugees and Gambella Context is a plus
- Experience of working with NGOs
- Excellent communication and organization skills, ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with humanitarian principles and Code of Conduct
- Good working experience with key stakeholder of the refugees and host community
- Good report writing skills and computer skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the local language with other requirements is highly advantageous
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
Field Officer (Peacebuilding and Livelihood) (danchurchaid.org)
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Please do not mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Female candidates with relevant educational background and experience are highly encouraged to apply.