|Location||Negelie Borena, Guji Zone & Bule Hora, West Guji Oromia Region, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
‘’Multisectoral life-saving response to the acute needs of the most vulnerable IDPs and returnees in Guji and West Guji zones, Oromia, Ethiopia”
Length of Contract: Definite employment contract until July 31, 2021
Required Number: 6 (Six)
“Prevention and mitigation of COVID-19 spread among the most vulnerable population in Gedeo, SNNPR, and West Guji, Oromia, Ethiopia”
Length of Contract: Definite employment contract January 31, 2021
Required Number: 2(Two)
Field Officer will plan, coordinate and follow up grass root level for emergency responses under the project and responsible to achieve the specific results in the field in proper quality and time. Field Officer works under supervision of a Field Coordinator and with close cooperation with other project team and other departments like HR, Financial, Logistic, M and E, Safeguarding, Engineering departments.
Field Officer specific tasks are:
- Actively participated in beneficiary’s selection criteria setting up process
- Ensure proper selection project beneficiaries done according agreed selection criteria
- Facilitate beneficiary’s verification process with respective kebele disaster reduction committee
- Actively involves in community mobilization for rehabilitation of damaged facilities in key public institution such as schools, health centres and others
- Prepare beneficiaries master files and ensure proper distribution of NFI by strictly following up do not do harm principle
- Properly carry out post distribution monitoring after distribution were done and compile lesson learnt regulars
- Collect GPS location and necessary data for water schemes found in project operation area
- Communicates with WASHCO regularly and provide them with the required technical assistance for proper management of water scheme in the project operation areas.
- Coordinate with other partners at kebele level and attends various coordination mechanism meeting at kebele level and share meeting updates and findings with the project coordinator
- Collaborate with project coordinator in planning, needs assessment/identification, proposal preparation, budgeting, monitoring, reporting
- Attaining the adequate results in proper quality and in time
- Assure that all visibility material and events are in accordance with the donor and PIN Guidelines
- Meeting all project related deadlines
- Provide project coordinator with weekly plans and reports of activities achieved. The reports shall be submitted every Thursday morning and will contain a shortlist of activities achieved in the past week and activities planned for the next one
- Assist the field coordinator when a need arises
- Minimum BSc/BA in WASH related fields, Public Health, Hygiene promotion, Water supply and Sanitation, Development studies and other related fields of studies
- Minimum 2 (two) years of experience in emergency sector
- Emergency project work experience, community mobilization
- Knowledge about core humanitarian standards
- Experience and working relationship with partners, local government and communities etc
- Previous working experience in the INGO environment
- Excellent coordination and mobilization skill
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English and spoken local language Oromifa is advantageous
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted)
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents until September 07, 2020 via following the link:: Field Officer Application Form
Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.