|Location||Abala and Chinaksen Base, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
COOPI Ethiopia office is currently seeking two qualified and competent Field Operations Supervisors to be based in Abala and Chinaksen.
The Field Operations Supervisors will work closely with the Project Mangers, Head of Operations, Field Administrator and Program team to ensure appropriate representation of COOPI in the Field Base as well as ensure timely project implementation.
COOPI Field Operations Supervisors will represent the organization in the areas, support the Project Managers in program delivery and manage directly the operations sectors (procurement, transports, fleet management, asset, store management, facilities management, IT and Security).
- He/She will manage COOPI field operations including: procurement, transports, fleet, asset, warehouse, facilities and IT
- He/She will supervise and record all procurement processes of field office, ensuring adherence with COOPI procurement procedures
- He/She will ensure compliance with COOPI logistic Policies and procedures and with the Donor requirements of the field office
- He/She will ensure that all vehicles of the field office are properly monitored, serviced and dispatched to the program staff as required
- He/She will supervise the transports of all procured items, from the supplier to the final destination, ensuring quality and timely delivery
- He/She will improve cost-effectiveness by saving time or money through the use of: framework contracts, improved coordination of programme activities, purchasing and transport
- He/She will ensure a strong and timely coordination between the logistic teams and the program team at the field sites leading weekly planning meetings
- He/She will ensure that internal logistics reports are submitted to Field Coordinator, Head of Operations and Project/Program Managers on time, and that they are reviewed and analyzed, and appropriate actions are taken
- He/She will set a strong example for adherence and improvement of COOPI standards, both internally and for the people reached by our projects
- He/She will ensure that regular back-ups and virus checks are carried out to all laptops and computer of field office
- He/She will provide support and oversight for IT related issues including stable network server
- He/She will liaise with Coordination office support in relation to IT maintenance and IT equipment management and formatting.
Representation and program support
- She/he will represent COOPI in the area and manages relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations, partners and clusters in bases. He/she is responsible for the Organization’s reputation in the area
- Projects supervision: Liaising with technical advisors and program coordinator, She/he will support project managers in guaranteeing the timely implementation of the projects in the area, in conformity with contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with the COOPI’s procedures and management standards
- She/he will work closely with the field Administrator and area administrator to ensure adequate training, capacity building and support is provided to COOPI staff to enhance their knowledge and understanding of COOPI and Donor’s policies and procedures and ensure proper implementation and on-going use.
- She/he will guarantee the Country Regulation and the respect of the organization’s procedures.
- Staff management: He/she is responsible for the local staff under his/her supervision including management and training, in close cooperation and following the indications of the technical advisors and program manager at Country Coordination level
- He/She will attend and provide input at the Grant Opening Meetings (GOM), with the staff supervised in the area of interventions
- He/She will ensure that operations check-lists are completed by project managers and support staff for all new grants
- He/She will ensure that Procurement Plans are submitted by the PM and Advisors at the Grant opening Meetings and at proposal stage, and they are reviewed by all operations functions
- By liaising with the program and administration staff of the area as well as security focal point, she/he will be responsible for the staff security in the area, and for the correct implementation and respect of the general security regulation.
- He/She will carry out regular management visits and provide security reports to the Head of Operations and Head of Mission
- He/She will monitor the security situation and provide regular information to the Head of Operations and Head of Mission of any incidents, changes or adverse conditions affecting staff safety or project operations in the field office
- Basic start salary of ETB 16,800
- Gross salary of ETB 18,916 month including, income tax, monthly insurance cost, pension contribution plus other benefit.
- Net payment will be between ETB 22,838.46 and 20,946.78 including hardship and field allowance if based in Ab’Ala and Chinaksen.
Duty starting date: ASAP
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in logistics or project management, with at least 2 years at a senior management level
- Education to BA level in Logistics and supply Chain/ Management, management
- Excellent English
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations and implementation of strong compliance and control framework.
- Strong experience liaising with governmental / local authorities and other NGO’s.
- Audit experience and excellent attention to detail essential.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to plan projects, timetable activities, and oversee staff work.
- Proven strong budgetary control and financial management skills.
- Proven track record in systems implementation and development.
- An interest in capacity building/mentoring of teams.
- Previous experience in emergency programs management;
- Experience in working in volatile security contexts.