|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
- Project –National STI survey
- Directorate –under EPHI, HIV and TB directorate
- Duration: two months
- Required Number: 30
The Field Supervisor will supervise and give technical and administrative support to the data collection process in the enumeration areas assigned under her/his supervision including day to day monitoring and support when respective Data collectors are conducting various types of the survey tools and collect Bio-marker. Further, Field Supervisor is responsible for to collect data as need.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Obtain health facilities list for each enumeration area (EA) to which the supervisor is assigned.
· Contact local authorities at regional, zonal and woreda level for each study area/facility to inform them about the survey and gain their permission and cooperation letters.
· Become familiar with the areas where his/her team will be working
· Assist the enumerator in the selection of study participants of selected health facilities that will constitute the sample to be interviewed by the enumerators according to the procedures in the “Training Manual”.
· Ensure that every enumerator/data collectors /sink daily data collector to the central server
· Make sure that data collection is ongoing by periodically checking that all data collectors in his/her assigned route
· Conduct regular review sessions with the team and advise him/her of any problems found in his/her questionnaires.
· Communicate regularly with the regional and central coordinators about any issues that cannot be resolved independently, that significantly jeopardize the quality of the data or the sampling frame, or that occur repeatedly.
· Periodically assess the quality of the data submitted to the server with systematic checks to address any issues early and inform the data collectors and potentially the project coordinator about any concerns.
· Submit a progress report daily or weekly basis to the project coordinators
· Support the team in sample collection and test
· Take responsible for sample transportation to the nearest regional laboratory or EPHI on time as per the sample transportation protocol
· Control different logistics materials including vehicles during the survey time
· Carry out other assignments as needed or demanded by the PI
The Supervisor will work under general supervision and direction provided by the Regional coordinator in consultation with the PI and other co-PI.Position Description:
· MPH/MSc in the fields of Public Health and having 4+ years’ demonstrated experiences in executing qualitative and quantitative study supervise survey activities.
· Profound knowledge and experience in conducting survey, development of the survey tools, training research staff, conducting, supervising the survey and writing analytical reports as well as interpreting data and making recommendations;
· Experience in the area of STI/STD, HIV Key/priority population survey, and/or programmatic response
· Demonstrated experience in providing training on the qualitative research method
· Demonstrated experience in conducting in-depth interview and focused group discussion
·Excellent data organization, programming, and communication skills are required, as is the ability to work effectively in a team setting
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 7 days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application.