|Location||Jijiga, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Contract |
- Provide any support required by the PM in drafting project M&E plans according to Log Frames
- Support to prepare drafts/ToR for WASH activities implementation (background, methodology, objectives, results, activities, BoQ, Monitoring and post monitoring table linked to result framework, materials, transport)
- Support to prepare weekly activity planning, movement plan with the PM and APM. Contribute to weekly meeting
- Compile weekly mission orders and submit them to the PM
- Report any managerial issues in the activities implementation to the PM, APM
- Report any technical issue to PM, APM or advisors as required
- Support the PM in the implementation of project activities.
- Lead in the provision of technical support on his/her field of expertise (WASH)
- Support the field level supervision of contractors and IP.
- Review and approve completion reports for works completed linking with the advisory group, PM and program coordinator
- Support the implementation of baseline, midterm monitoring, post-monitoring survey, end-line surveys and all data collection required for activities implementation, reporting on results and objectives as required by the PM and ToR (with Kobo when possible)
- Actively participating to weekly meeting called by the PM
- Support to draft/inform the PM on activities accomplishment, including implementation data as requested (interim, final, ad hoc, etc).
- Participate in grant closing meetings for every closed grant (if required by the PM)
External Coordination (50%)
- Attend and represent COOPI in coordination meetings at Woreda, Zone and Regional level in the Somali Region (Especially clusters meetings in jijiga) as requested by the PM and Technical Advisors, share key action points back to COOPI staff
- Ensure reporting to the Somali WaSH cluster and RWB in accordance with the schedules from these two counterparts
- Active participation and representation of COOPI in any relevant technical working group meeting organized at Woreda, Zone and Regional level
- Support is provided for approval of agreements with the Somali region and any required MoU with local authorities.
- Support COOPI in positioning and building its relationships with Regional authorities in the Somali region, strengthening its operational presence and reputation
Project development (10%)
- Support the regular collection of information at stakeholders level (Zone, Woredas and Kebele, community, local partners, NGOs, etc.) baseline need assessment, gaps.
- Propose activities and project ideas and share them to the PM and advisory group
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors.
- Advanced university degree in a field related to WASH, preferably water engineering
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in humanitarian and/or development contexts.
- Previous experience working in INGO as field work supervisor, PM assistant, government liaison
- Proven experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs in the Somali Region
- Ability to work well within a team and take responsibility to deliver results.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge of local language is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the working area is required
- Respect culture, believe of diverse ethnic and traditional set up
If you are interested and qualified candidate, please send your application and CV via ethiojobs.net.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Duration of contract: six month with possible extension.