|Location||Bale Zone, Berbere Woreda, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Coordinate with other team members to complete financial requirements for Action plans and prepare reports for relevant parties such as Government, WaterAid Ethiopia HO and donors as necessary
- Undertaking other standard financial requirements such as monthly cash count, surprise cash count, undertaking random checks on purchase prices and preparing cash flow requests
- Prepare and check monthly financial report and send to HO up to 5th of the next month
- Ensure adequate fund/cash held in program for planned activities
- Keep track of monthly cash balances
- Send monthly cash request to head office on time
- Ensure the following deadlines are adhered
- Monthly cash books and bank books
- Cash requests from the fields
- Cash transfers to fields and others
- Responsible to fill the gaps when cashier is on annual leave
- Adhere to the necessary accounting, documentation and reporting procedures required for the purchase of items based on purchases/procurement procedure, if any
- Responsible to check daily financial payments in line with organizational policies and procedures by giving due attention to authorization level and budget codes
- Ensuring close collaboration and communication with Finance & People & OD departments at HO to facilitate and smoothen consistent running of the program
- Work closely and provide technical support to the cashier
- Check and review the external work done before any payment is effective
- Communicate staff debtors balance if any to HO to deduct from monthly staffs’ payroll before the payment is affected.
HR & Admin Responsibilities:
- Manage and record staffs’ annual leave roster and ensure all annual leave is used within the current year. Record and manage all staff related leaves such as compassionate, sick leave, TOIL as per HR Manual
- Manage and address all staff personal issues following the HR manual guidelines
- Provide the necessary materials and equipment to project staff for their day to day activities
- Receive, screen, log and route program-related correspondences and maintain an effective follow-up system
- Monitor and follow-up on the performance of all staff working in the Sub-Office
- Maintain good working relationships in the workplace
- Manage the maintenance of proper logbooks and prepare monthly fuel logbook report for each vehicle
- Check log sheet of each vehicle before fuel is refilled to assure the maintenance of appropriate logbook and fuel consumption
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing letters and correspondences are systematically segregated and maintained in order to identify archive and retrieve easily and passed on to the appropriate person/office
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone call (through PBX)
- Receive all incoming letters, mails, parcels and handle internal distribution depending on the subject
- Responsible for managing the organization Achieving and documentation System
- Keep custody of photocopying papers and office supplies and stationery for Admin staff use and ensures its availability at all times
- Immediately report any malfunction of the machine and equipment under her/his custody ensure that the switchboard and all other telephones are working at all times.
Safeguarding & Safety & Security:
- Ensures that Safeguarding, Child Protection, and Gender Equality policies are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team
- Ensures that comprehensive health, safety and security measures (e.g. risk management plans, local security protocols) have been put in place when designing programmes / project and are consistently upheld during their implementation.
- Ensures that any partner agencies that WaterAid works with are adopting the same health, safety and security standards (as defined in any applicable WaterAid health, safety and security policies), and arrange for capacity building support where gaps or weaknesses are identified.
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding, Child Protection and Gender policies and Code of Conduct (CoC)
- Adheres to any local security protocols that have been put in place when working in the office, travelling to the field or undertaking project / programme activities
- Immediately reports any health, safety and security incidents or near-misses that occur on WaterAid duty to their line manager, Security Focal Point or CD
- Behaves and acts in a manner that does not put colleagues or anyone that interacts with WaterAid in immediate danger or harm’s way.
- Arrange all financial documents for Internal & External Audit
- Support on the financial report preparation
Education and year of experience:
- University Degree or Diploma in Accounting
- Minimum of 4 years of proven and progressive work experience, preferably in NGOs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skill and appropriate knowledge in accounting
- Good skills in computer application preferably in accounting software
- Ability to act in a professional and ethical manner
- Willingness to work under pressure
- Firm belief in teamwork and gender equality and sensitivity to HIV/AIDS
- Commitment to values and working styles of WAE.
Personal Characteristics / Skills:
The Admin and Finance Officer should demonstrate competence in building partnership, working in collaboration and being people focus.
Fluent in local language both in spoken and written
Duration of project: August 2021 to March 31, 2025
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to apply online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world, there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege, or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behavior, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers, and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.