|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To contribute to the effective organization and delivery of Lifebox Ethiopia’s operations, including finance, HR and legal matters. The position reports to the Lifebox Global COO with a dotted line to Lifebox’s Country Representative in Ethiopia. The Finance & Administration Manager will work closely with all members of the global Lifebox team, supervise the Program Assistant in her work and oversee contracts with external consultants/contractors.
The Finance & Administration Manager will oversee all aspects of Lifebox’s operational delivery and organization in Ethiopia pertaining to human resources, administration, security, systems management and finance. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Implement and continually review Lifebox Ethiopia’s comprehensive HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with national legal requirements and coordination with Lifebox’s global HR system;
- Ensure local and national HR laws and practices are understood and complied with in relation to employment of all staff, as well as the engagement of volunteers and contractors (consultants;
- Supervise support staff and operational consultants at Lifebox Ethiopia;
- Contribute to an organizational culture of respect, diversity, engagement, and innovation.
- Liaise with the Global Clinical Director to ensure observance of health protocols related to management of infectious diseases such as COVID-19;
- Act as national focal point for all security matters, liaising with the Global COO on deployment of security protocols and arrangements;
- Ensure compliance with all national and local legal requirements for a registered nonprofit, taking advice from Lifebox Ethiopia’s legal advisors as appropriate;
- Ensure IT and other systems are optimized for all Lifebox Ethiopia team members, advising on support mechanisms and deployment of these as required;
- Manage the Lifebox Ethiopia office and supplier contracts.
- Ensure robust and accurate fiscal management at Lifebox Ethiopia; including timely completion of annual budgeting and mid-year reforecast processes, preparation of budget estimates for grants and project proposals and reporting on these, and timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in line with organizational and donor requirements and deadlines;
- Oversee the management and reconciliation of the bank and cash accounts, preparation of monthly financial records, ensuring financial and resource accountability
- Ensure custody and management of accounting documents for records as required for statutory auditing and grant auditing;
- Oversee annual financial audit for Lifebox Ethiopia.
- Other responsibilities may be added depending on experience and need
Contract: Full-time, permanent contract
Salary: According to local salary scale
Reporting to: Lifebox Country Representative, Ethiopia with a dotted line to Lifebox Global COO.
Number of direct reports: One
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and maintain internal and external relationships with stakeholders, partners, and staff;
- Minimum 5 year's recent exposure in relevant comparable roles within the nonprofit sector in Ethiopia or globally;
- Working knowledge of donor reporting and compliance requirements (institutional donors such as USAID and foundations), as well as restricted/unrestricted grants management;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent understanding and experience of HR and administration best practice within the Ethiopian context;
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple work streams, and to work independently and proactively;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Amharic language skills.
- Working towards a qualification in bookkeeping or accountancy such as ACCA, CIMA;
- HR management qualification.