|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Place of work: for head office (Addis Ababa)
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
- The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for all financial and administrative matters of the company and will report to and work closely with, the company management team. Besides, the Finance & Administration Officer will partner with the General Manager, to develop and strengthen strategies relating to finance across the organization. The Finance & Administration Officer shall at all time act in accordance with company law and current country policies. The responsibilities of the Finance & Administration Officer will include
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of financial management and control.
- Effective financial reporting for the company, in a timely, accurate, relevant manner.
- Maintaining accounts general ledgers and processing monthly payroll.
- Management of cash flow and preparation of monthly cash flow projections.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for the management, statements analysis
- Preparation of annual accounts to trial balance stage, and liaising with external auditor.
- Preparation of annual budgets for submission to General Manager Office.
- Management of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable as per the requirements.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset registration and liaising with banks for all finance matters.
- Management of the organization’s insurance policy.
- Companies Registration Office compliance, Revenue compliance.
- General office administration, staff development, implementation of relevant financial policies and procedures, in consultation with the General Manager,
Treasurer and the Audit
- Ensuring confidentiality and professional integrity is upheld at all times.
- Being flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Creating employee files, arranging their documents as per the requirements
- Identifying manpower’s gap, preparing job descriptions and posting vacancy
- Answering employee questions with discussing concerned organs
- Processing incoming mail from immediate supervisor/work team
- Creating and distributing documents for concerned organs
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators
- Maintaining employee data on computer system by updating and entering data
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings for the company
- Maintaining calendars of HR management team
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
- Processing payroll, by ensuring vacation & sick time are tracked in the system
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
- Assisting concerned body’s on logistics, trials, costing, recruitment & security administration
Recruitment/New Hire Process
- Participating in recruitment efforts
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Collecting employment and tax information
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Conducting benefit enrollment process
- Administering new employment assessments
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
- Performing payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews
Qualities of Competent HR Assistants
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- BA/MBA-Degree in Accounting and Finance or in Business Administration with 3 years direct related work experiences for BA and 2 years for Masters.
Special Skills Needed
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and IT skills.
- High levels of professionalism, initiative, energy, creativity and flexibility.
- Have Quick Books experience an advantage.
Qualified candidates should submit the application letter and CV which is not more than 5 pages through: email@example.com
The closing date for the application is OCT 15 2021.
“Application forFinance & Administration Officer” in the subject line
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.