|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About Camara Education Ethiopia.
CAMARA EDUCATION ETHIOPIA is an Irish based charity with the objective to reduce poverty through the enhancement of the quality of education delivery via the medium of ICT equipment, ongoing training of teachers, educational materials and support. Camara Education Ethiopia has a three-year agreement with the Ministry of Education (Ethiopia) to provide 21,000 computers to around 840 schools and train a minimum of 5,040 teachers and 535,540 in ICT and pedagogy.
The Admin and Finance officer who will be based at our office will be responsible to ensure that all financial and administrative activities are implemented in line with Camara finance, Administrative and procurement policy and procedures. Besides, he/she is responsible for the overall administrative activities in consultation with the Finance and Admin Manager in the area that aimed to achieve program intervention.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Undertaking other standard financial requirements such as monthly cash count, surprise cash count, undertaking random checks on purchase prices and preparing cash flow requests
- Keep track of monthly cash balances
- Monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure deadlines are adhered
- Cash transfers to fields and others
- Responsible to holding the petty cash
- Adhere to the necessary accounting, documentation and reporting procedures required for the purchase of items based on purchases/procurement procedure, if any
- Responsible to check daily financial payments in line with organizational policies and procedures by giving due attention to authorization level and budget codes
- Ensuring close collaboration and communication with Finance head and the other teams to facilitate and smoothen consistent running of the program
- Work closely and provide assistance to the different teams in the organization.
- Check and review the external work done before any payment is effective
- Communicate staff debtors' balance if any to the finance manager to deduct from monthly staffs’ payroll before the payment is affected.
- Skill of any online accounting application system.
HR & Admin Responsibilities:
- Manage and record staffs’ annual leave roster and ensure all annual leave is used within the current year. Record and manage all staff related leaves such as compassionate, sick leave, TOIL as per HR Manual
- Manage and address all staff personal issues following the HR manual guidelines
- Provide the necessary materials and equipment to project staff for their day to day activities
- Receive, screen, log and route program-related correspondences and maintain an effective follow-up system
- Maintain good working relationships in the workplace
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing letters and correspondences are systematically segregated and maintained in order to identify archive and retrieve easily and passed on to the appropriate person/office
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone call
- Responsible for managing the organization Achieving and documentation System
- Keep custody of photocopying papers and office supplies and stationery for Admin staff use and ensures its availability at all times
- Immediately report any malfunction of the machine and equipment under her/his custody ensure that the switchboard and all other telephones are working at all times.
Employment Type: 6 month contract (Maternity leave cover)
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting and Finance);
- Minimum 2 years and more experience in finance and administration, preferably in an INGO setting;
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in donor supported projects;
- Knowledge of government laws in Ethiopia for NGOs operation in the country;
- Knowledge and proficiency in financial Accounting software, like QuickBooks, MS Excel and MS Word and related accounting software.
- Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods,
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ethiopia. You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter with email@example.com If you have any questions on the position, please feel free to contact (+251) 913066517.
Note : Only female applicants!