Finance & Administrative Officer
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a: Fulltime Finance & Administrative Officer
***This position is subject to grant award and funding***
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide. In addition to TB control, KNCV is active in the field of Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and COVID-19 prevention and control.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Declared a public health emergency and pandemic in March 2021, the COVID-19 has since infected over 184 million people worldwide and caused nearly 4 million deaths so far. Critical gaps remain in various countries in terms of tools to better limit transmission and address treatment and care to avoid mortality due to COVID-19. While vaccinations have been available for over 6 months now, many countries are lagging in their vaccination efforts and access which makes equitable access to other commodities such as quality affordable diagnostics that can identify cases early as well as access to key commodities for care and treatment.
By accelerating access to diagnostic and therapeutic interventions within existing health systems leading to improved uptake of effective COVID-19 test and treatment solutions within health care systems it is anticipated that the public health and economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is reduced.
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The Finance & Administrative Officer is responsible for keeping accurate, complete and up-to date office records for KNCV Ethiopia Country Office, as well as monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal stakeholders, manage the procurement and administrative processes. The position reports directly to the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer.
As a Finance & Administrative Officer you will
- Enter all financial documents into the accounting system and prepare and process payments for approval by the signatory in the banking system;
- Ensure expenses are authorized, processed and timely paid in accordance with agreed procedures for both KNCV and donors and GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles);
- Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documents and compliance with finance and procurement regulation;
- Maintain accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well-archived and safeguarded;
- Assist the Sr. FAO in monitoring and controlling operational budget accounts;
- Monitor all advance accounts and reports outstanding balances to KNCV Grant Administrator in The Hague, The Netherlands on a regular basis;
- Assist the Sr FAO in the review of budget variance analysis and coordinate monthly reports of expenditures against budget;
- Support KNCV annual statutory and project audit;
- Support in-country intermal/external audits ensuring all financial records and backup documentation are readily available.
- Facilitates in-country procurement and ensure compliance with KNCV policies and donor agreements;
- Maintain and manage physical office and equipment/Fixed asset;
- Maintain external relationships with service providers to ensure efficiency of office systems, supplies, premises and equipment;
- Ensure that other administrative services are delivered with high level quality as mail, transportation, courier, inventory, security and other clerical administrative services.
- Check accuracy and completeness of monthly payroll;
- Manage timesheets and staff leave registry;
- Facilitate the disbursement of payroll;
- Handle staff/consultant recruitment;
- Assist in the implementation of Local Security management Framework.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract until August 31, 2022;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting and Finance);
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in finance and administration, preferably in an INGO setting;
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in donor supported projects;
- Knowledge of government laws in Ethiopia for NGOs operation in the country;
- Knowledge and proficiency in financial Accounting software, like QuickBooks, EXACT Globe & MS Excel and MS Word;
- Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods,
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ethiopia. More information on the vacancy and how to apply can be found on www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies. You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the link: www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies. If you have any questions on the position, please feel free to contact (+251) 116 63 01 46. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applications that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.