|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|August 17, 2022
About the job
Ethio Lease was launched as an equipment leasing company in Ethiopia. We are the first privately funded and foreign-owned equipment lease finance companies in Ethiopia, with a diversified portfolio of lease contracts for equipment in multiple sectors, such as manufacturing, construction, healthcare, agricultural and related equipment. Ethio Lease is regulated by the National Bank of Ethiopia and has strong backing from its parent company African Asset Finance Company (AAFC). As part of this dynamic team, we are looking to hire a:
Finance and Accounting Manager
Reporting to: CEO with an additional reporting line to Group Accounting
Finance and Accounting Manager is responsible for all activities of the Finance and Accounting functions of the Company.
As the manager of the department Finance and Accounting, the Manager:
- Is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of all accounting systems, processes and procedures to ensure complete, accurate and timely accounting;
- Ensures that the department is properly and adequately staffed, and that all employees are properly and continuously trained and educated;
- Ensures that the Company’s management has reliable insights in all aspects of the business;
- Ensures that the Company’s accounting maintains compliance with IFRS;
- Is responsible for the management of accounts payable, and protects the reputation of the company while conserving cash;
- Is responsible for the management of accounts payable, and ensures timely collection;
- Is responsible for the management of the payroll, ensures timely and correct payment of staff, and manages benefits programs;
- Is responsible for cash management, pre-authorization of payments, and related treasury functions;
- Is responsible for the timely and accurately preparation and filing of regular and, interim and special reports, management accounts, cash flow forecasts, trend analysis, etc.;
- Ensures full compliance with all applicable tax codes, timely filing and payment of taxes;
- Monitors and ensures full compliance with all applicable regulatory and legal frameworks;
- Monitors and ensures full compliance with all corporate and funding documents, and all other agreements the company is party to, as far as applicable to or relevant for the department;
- Monitors and ensures full compliance with all corporate governance requirements, as far as applicable to or relevant for the department;
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all standards the company adheres to (UNPRI, Global Compact, etc.), as far as applicable to or relevant for the department;
- Prepares, coordinates and manages audits, and laisse with both external and internal auditors;
- Is responsible for keeping compliance records, prepares compliance reviews and reports, and monitors required reporting;
- Stays abreast of all relevant developments in standards, procedures and regulations, informs management of changes, and makes recommendations;
- Contributes to a professionally managed company;
- Analyses, advises and recommends in areas suitable for operational, financial and quality improvement;
- Supports colleagues from other departments, as well as the Company’s management in all finance related subject areas, including stress testing of financial models, and assistance with preparing budgets for special projects;
- Ensures that the company is adequately insured at reasonable cost;
- Liaises and maintains good working relationships with Ethiopian Banks;
- Ensures bank accounts are closely followed and reconciliation is periodically performed.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Company’s management.
Required/Desired Qualifications and Background
- Minimum of BA degree in accounting, finance, business management or related.
- ACCA/CPA/MBA is an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in a financial services or related private sector organization.
- Solid knowledge of IFRS.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software and good working knowledge of Microsoft office tools including excel.
- In-depth knowledge of Ethiopian tax laws.
- Willing and able to initially handle all finance and accounting related activities, including handling transaction data entry
- Self-starter with a pro-active can-do mentality, a team leader and a team worker, with a disciplined work ethic who is focused, organized and both process and result oriented.
- Fluent in Amharic and English
- Must be aligned with and subscribe to the Company’s values.