WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Laterite is looking for a Finance and Accounts Associate who will provide support with managing our accounting and finance functions for the Ethiopia office.
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We provide three types of services:
- Data: comprehensive data collection and data processing solutions
- Research: from the design of large-scale research projects through to analysis
- Advisory: strategic and technical research advice
Laterite works with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies.
Our core activity sectors are: public health, agriculture, urbanization & migration, education, and youth & labor. We are also involved in projects with a focus on gender issues.
We believe that impact is a long-term endeavor that requires being embedded in the local context. Delivering high-quality research requires building local teams and data collection systems, understanding the context, establishing close working relationships with key players, and understanding their constraints and motivations.
Laterite’s growing network of offices currently includes Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and the Netherlands. Our teams bring together more than 60 full time local and international staff in a dynamic and nurturing work environment. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization. Learn more: www.laterite.com
The key responsibilities of the Finance and Accounts Associate (based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) are:
- Manage revenues and billing process in the Ethiopia office including raising VAT receipts
- Prepare monthly payroll and process payments for any project related expenses and also supplier payments
- Accurately compile all taxes payable and submit to ERCA as per Ethiopian tax law and put in place policies to ensure company compliance with tax law and other regulations
- Perform cashflow forecasting and maintain the optimal balance of local currency to foreign currency in our bank accounts to cater for payments
- Manage the filing of all contracts, invoices, taxes and salary slips and other relevant documents
- Review all field expenses including sitting with enumerators for reconciliation of budget with actual expenses
- Ensure controls for certain project-related expenses and increase our cost-efficiency by diversifying and improving our agreements with suppliers
- Enter accounting data into QuickBooks and perform balances reconciliation and produce monthly reports
- Liaise with any consultants or advisors engaged by the company such as tax consultants
- Coordinate the annual audit and work with the auditors to complete the audit
- Manage office equipment (printers, furniture, office keys, etc) and report any issues to the management
- Help with logistics for enumerator training, workshops and meetings (booking rooms, catering, hiring furniture, organizing transport, etc)
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software and excellent knowledge of accounting, book-keeping and forecasting and operations management is required. Masters, CA or CFA qualification is a plus.
- You have BA Degree in Accounting/Finance (Masters, CA or CFA qualification is a plus)
- You have experience with QuickBooks accounting software and excellent knowledge of accounting, book-keeping and forecasting and operations management, and proficiency in MS Office especially Excel
- You have at least 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills (in English).
Please complete the following application: https://form.jotform.com/202022527112538
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP. The application process will involve three steps: (i) an online application, (ii) an online assessment; and (iii) interviews.