|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
SCOPE OF WORK SUMMARY
The Finance and Admin Officer is primarily responsible for the financial and administrative functions of EOSA. To enhance the financial and operational performance of the organization by leading the design and implementation of financial recording, analysis such as key performance indicators, reporting and management system that provides accurate and current information for better decision making, and supports operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Duration: For six moth with a potential extension based on performance and availability of funds
- Job Category: Finance & Administration.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare annual financial plan of the organization indicating schedule of cash inflows and outflows and identifying the best way for financing projects, and prepare long term financial forecasts in relation to developing future strategies.
- Oversee effective implementation of EOSA’s financial policies and procedures and ensure relevant government regulations are understood and duly observed by all concerned.
- Follow up compliance with tax and other regulatory and prudential requirements and guidelines, and ensure timely and accurate payment of all tax and pension obligations to the concerned organizations.
- Review transactions to ensure they are properly recorded and books of accounts are balanced, and authorize records of transactions and the opening of general and subsidiary ledger accounts.
- Authorize the closing of books of accounts of the organization, facilitate internal and external audit activities, and lead the implementation of auditor recommendations.
- Develop, review and implement policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective grant management.
- Review the correctness and completeness of payment instruments and approve payments within in scope.
- Direct the timely preparation of accurate bank reconciliations for all Company accounts.
- Administer financial information system and ensue that charges and expenses incurred are allocated to proper accounts and projects.
- Monitor the financial status and exposures of the Company, and availability of adequate finance to accomplish daily operations and satisfy financial obligations, provide advice to Senior Management where appropriate.
- Arrange meetings, trainings, workshops and appointments, draft necessary correspondences.
- Keep and control EOSA’s resources such vehicle, stationeries, and procurements;
- Regularly gather HR related data and forms including vacation/ compensation/sickness leave formats,
- Conversant with IPSAS
MSC, MBA / BA Degree in Accounting & finance with minimum 4 / 8 years of relevant work experience preferably in NGO sector respectively.
Location: EOSA Head Office, Addis Ababa
Only qualified and interested applicants can send/ submit the following documents through email: [email protected] APPLICATION START ON: August 3/ 2020 & DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 11, 2020