|Location||Wolaita-Sodo, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job purpose: ·
In line with the principles of Concern Worldwide in Ethiopia’s rules and regulation; effectively and efficiently administer and manage all resources pertinent to the department.
To provide effective professional advice and support for all Concern’s programme and Project managers, Technical Officers and senior project officers so as to effectively plan and manage their respective program budget
To ensure that all Concern mainstreaming policies, procedures and practices are incorporated into financial contracts, planning and implementation
Main duties and responsibilities :
· In compliance with Concern Worldwide in Ethiopia financial templates, prepare and compile yearly financial plans and breakdowns for finance departments and programs respectively in collaboration with responsible staff.
· In collaboration with South Area co-coordinator, introduce and give trainings on newly developed financial plan report formats or systems (if any) for program and project managers Technical and senior program officers.
· Work closely with sector program/project managers in preparation of partners and directly implemented project budget as per the Donor and Concern formats.
· Participate in new programme /project design or amendment process and undertake the budget plan in collaboration with programme staff as per Concern and Donor format.
· Prepare HR and Administration plan in the programme design in collaboration with other staff.
Program Implementation (Direct implementation or through Partnership)
Financial utilization and Management
· Ensure that all program and project costs plan and expenditures are within Concern Financial and Accounting policies and procedures.
· Periodically revise annual program budgets and control each programs not to go above the allocated yearly budget.
· Provide technical supports and advices for budget holders, purchase committee and float holders to effectively manage financial assets of the organization.
· Properly operate program office bank accounts by signing checks jointly with other cheque signatory i.e. South Area coordinator or the appointed /authorized managers.
· Intuitively undertake surprise visits on the purchase processes and various program activities to ensure that activities are moving on the rules and regulations set by the organization.
· Circulate new financial rules and regulations, formats, memos and other pertinent documents across program office staffs.
· Provide technical and supportive support or orient for programme staff on financial rules and regulation and preparation of payment approval.
· Review and appraise and check any payment initiate /request from programme and other Concern staff as per the Concern financial policies and procedures.
· Check and approve weekly cash accounts, payrolls and other related documents are within the required standard and interest of the organization.
· Responsible to review and check daily financial payment based on organizational procedures & given budget codes.
· Reconfirm and approve payments initially done by program cashier and properly post to the program/project budget.
· Ensure for the effectively and efficiently management and utilization of program budget and assets.
· Assist in the tracking and managing all finances allocated to program office
· Assist in the monitoring of under and over spending in each program/project budgets so as to attain our common vision.
· Periodically provide management accounts with appropriate technical support to Area coordinator, Program/Project managers and SPOs so as to promptly manage and control their expenditures as well as review and give feedback on monthly base.
· Provide technical support and participate with programme/project manager to prepare and ensure timely submission of budget revision as per Concern policy.
· Update audit and inventory findings for Area coordinator and report to HO.
· Participate and facilitate conducive environment for proper execution of internal and external auditing.
· Undertake periodic supervision and monitoring of partners financial systems and provide appropriate technical and supportive support regularly.
· Responsible for all partners’ budget quarterly supervision and preparation of pre-conditions for periodical budget release from Concern Ethiopia to respected partners.
· Maintain good communications within the team and ensure that all information is shared within the team, and that the Area Coordinator is kept informed of progress in meeting deadlines
· Review and appraise any procurements made by partner organizations greater than 50,000 Birr
· Prepare and submit monthly budget forecast to HO as per the schedule.
· Closely follow and manage fund balance of South area office /Wolaita Sodo bank account and request budget transfer as per the plan on timely manner
HR and ADMINISTRATION
· Lead and manage staff recruitment at programme level with relevant department assigned by Area Programme Coordinator, from advertisement through to appointment, as per Concern manual and ensuring a fair and transparent process is used and accurate documentation maintained.
· Ensure and provide technical support to all managers and supervisors to enhance their skill to prepare and review the PDR with the respective subordinate.
· Assess and compile staff capacity and development plan in collaboration with Programme managers.
· Facilitate and ensure that new employee get appropriate and enough induction on overall policies and programme of Concern WW in Ethiopia.
· Manage administrative staff, and ensuring that they are maintaining expected standards of work covered in their job descriptions.
· Managing and resolving all staff personnel issues as per Concern personnel Manual and guidelines.
· Legal affairs: maintain necessary documents and other materials; attend court hearings when necessary etc.
· Manage work disciplinary cases, advice the programme Coordinator in hiring and taking disciplinary action of all programme staff as per CONCERN personnel manual.
· Manage and administer all office work and supervision of administration staff, guards’ domestic staff in line with Concern WW in Ethiopia HR manual
· Ensure the proper management, Administration and operation of all Offices under Concern WW south area as per Concern manual.
· Facilitate and Ensure that all staff receive benefit entitled as per Concern HR manual
· Undertake periodic inventory on the organization assets and transparently communicate with the relevant programs and departments.
· Coach and support program Assistant Admin Accountant and cashier to effectively discharge his/her responsibility
· Respond to staff enquiries based on HR policy and Procedure manual of Concern Ethiopia.
· Ensure all staff have aware to Concern policies and create easy access of the documents to all staff
· Building team work with vertical and horizontal hierarchies
· Periodically execute and submit Government, Donor and Concern financial reports and statements within the due date if is necessary.
· Prepare and share monthly financial update report to Area coordinator, programme and project manager and advice on budget utilization.
· Check all monthly financial reports compiled by the subordinates and submit both soft and hard copies to Concern Ethiopia HO in timely manner.
· Provide financial expenditures printouts for all program officers and managers before sent to HO
· Review and submit partners financial report to HO as per Partnership agreement and due date.
· Represent Concern at inter-agency, and coordination meetings pertaining to the Program offices or when requested by South Area Coordinator / management
· Represent partner bi-annual meetings at head office level.
· When appropriate, represent Concern at all relevant local government meetings
· Liaise with Concern program staff and relevant staff based at head office.
· Representing the program office in liaise with banks and other financial institutions who are working with concern.
Monitoring & Evaluation
· Participate in the Monitoring and evaluation process of Concern WW and partners on quarterly basis.
· Monitor and evaluate financial plan expenditure/utilization of the programme/project and revise based on the ME findings
· Review and evaluate Monthly bank statement and reconcile it.
Mainstreaming Cross cutting Issues
Ensure the mainstreaming of gender, inequality, Accountability and other cross cutting issues in main tasks of the jobs.
Emergency Response :
§ Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
§ Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Gender Equity :
§ Ensure that all HR policies and procedures relating to Concern Ethiopia’s gender equality strategy are implemented
§ Ensure that all gender sensitive policies and procedures are fully adhered to during recruitment processes
Contribute to promoting a gender sensitive working environment within Concern Ethiopia
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern's Code of Conduct (CCoC) and its associated policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy, the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, contractors, visitors to the programme and partner organizations, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for and maintain the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern's core values and mission. Concern's Code of Conduct and its associated policies have been appended to your Contract for your signature. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct you demonstrate that you have understood their content and agree to conduct yourself in accordance with the provisions of these two documents. A breach of this policy will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
Person Specification :
§ BA degree in economics, management, accounting and related fields with 5 years in Admin, Finance, HR
§ Experience of working in an HR or finance management role, providing in-depth financial management support to a wide range of colleagues
§ Experience of Human Resources leadership, management and administration
Skill in the use of Microsoft office, especially in Ms-Excel and preferably with experience of additional Software applications related to the job
§ Knowledge of a variety of ICT systems including Excel, Word, Publisher
§ Ability to reconcile priorities, work to tight deadlines and problem solve
Ability to produce spreadsheets and interrogate a management information system
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Ethiojobs.net OR Concern Ethiopia, Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa.
Apply in person at our Office in Addis Ababa, Front Desk or Wolayta Coordination Office
Only short listed candidates will be contacted