|Location||Kelafo, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Finance and Admin Officer who will supporting in financial and administrative areas of the project through managing the income, expenditures and property as well as handling personnel and administrative related tasks.
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
As a Finance and Admin Officer, you will be in charge of the following:
- Ensuring smooth operation and compliance with organization’s financial standards and deadlines.
- Maintaining accounting records, filing systems and computer files
- Preparing Bank reconciliations
- Handling, processing and reconciliation of petty cash, cash withdrawals and deposits
- Ensuring full compliance with internal audit and organizational requirements and supporting the year end procedure and preparation for external audit
- Processing payment and reports
- Preparing budget proposal of the project program for submission to Program Location.
- Preparing payroll
- Preparing financial statements.
- Maintaining confidential records related to grievances and complaints and proposing a solution;
- Overseeing that procurement procedures are adhered;
- Ensuring that license and other required government formalities are fulfilled on time by the Project.
- Coordinating and ensuring the proper recording, usage and timely maintenance of the facilities, building and equipment as per the policies and procedures thereon.
- Organizing and coordinating the efficient provision of office services, transport, maintenance and other general services.
- Planning and preparing budgetary requirements of equipment, materials, maintenance of property and general service.
- Responsible for all security matters related to the wellbeing of the employees, movement of vehicles, the organizations properties and activities in the premises of the operation
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer skills particularly Microsoft Office, especially use of Excel
- Collaboration skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and priorities a varied workload and work to deadlines
- Good command of the English language and ability to prepare reports.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Prior experience working with international NGOS
- Ability to speak the local language
Excited to take on an new Adventure...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people"