|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the job holder is responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities of the finance and admin unit in the areas of petty cash management; fixed asset and stock management; and assist on office administration and cover while the Procurement and Logistics Officer is away.
The purpose of the job holder is to support the effective functioning of DGE’s Finance and Admin services in accordance with set administrative and financial standards and procedures of the organization. Accountable to manage the entire property management and travel within the regions where the project work requires in facilitating and manage training payments and other financial administration assistance.
- Financial Management and Operations
- Manage petty cash, its monthly replenishment, and coordinate with the Senior Finance Manager to conduct surprise cash count as per standard procedures.
- When required, assist in delivering check and transfer letter to the bank; collect bank slips, debit/credit advice, bank statements, and keep files updated in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage office utilities, telephone, and other admin related payments.
- Maintain and track the status of all contractual agreements obligations and payment status and provide update to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of required monthly financial reports.
- Provide assistance with all necessary tasks required during annual internal/external audit.
- Ensure adherence to budgets, Grant of Authority, ACSO requirements and financial rules and procedures
- Facilitate and manage training payments by traveling to each training sites in all operational area.
- Administrative Support
- Work closely with Finance & Admin team in-country to maintain asset tagging, asset registration and insurance coverage, donated items, stock management.
- Manage and maintain records of the office IT and communication services and equipment, maintain separate Employee Asset Register which lists records of any equipment under each employee’s custody, i.e., laptops, dongles, camera, PICO, and other equipment related to their daily activities.
- Receive all procured goods from Logistics & Procurement Officer using Good Receiving Note, maintain stock register, and issue (after approval) stocks using Store Issue Voucher as per organizational procurement procedures.
- Record, update, and maintain all fixed assets, donated items, conduct physical verification of the inventory together with the Senior Finance Manager.
- Track, collect Model 19 ( GoE Goods Receiving Note), and document all MoANR donated items by location. including office internet, dongles, telephone, etc.
Qualifications, Skills And Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in financial analysis, accounting, financial management or administration is required.
- Relevant experience working in INGO/non-profit sector is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of analytical tools and applications like MS Excel, Access etc.
- Computer skills to generate reports and operate financial software (QuickBooks).
- Understanding of ACSO requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and processes in parallel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong willingness to deliver quality results with a desire to achieve organization’s ultimate aims.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with multiple impeding deadlines.
- Strong coordination, collaboration and communication abilities when working with program teams and technical teams.
Digital Green is a great place to work and prides itself on a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Digital Green is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.