WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Africa Constituency Bureau for the Global Fund The Global Fund to fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) has two constituencies representing Africa namely the Eastern and Southern African (ESA) and West and Central Africa (WCA) constituencies. The two constituencies initiated governance reforms in 2012 with a twofold intent: to ensure that constituency priorities are reflected in Global Fund strategy and operational plans; and to strengthen the presence, voice and contributions of the constituencies, through their delegations, in all Global Fund processes. The constituencies adopted a new governance framework that amongst other things introduce the concept of establishing a joint ESA and WCA Bureau to support the Board members, alternates, committee members and delegates representing countries from these two constituencies. The Constituencies comprise a total of 47 countries.
The ACB, headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, ensures effective participation of Africa Constituencies in ESA and WCA in Global Fund Board processes. The Bureau supports more effective engagement, representation and participation of the Africa constituencies in Global Fund processes as well as enhancing the capacity of the Africa constituencies to shape Global Fund policies and processes.
Reporting To: Finance and Administration Manager
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Finance and Administration Assistant performs finance and administrative support to the Bureau’s technical and management staff. S/he manages program and financial records, fixed assets register and stores affairs. S/he coordinates procurement processes including solicitation of invoices, suppliers of minor goods and services as well as making hotel and travelling reservations for the Bureau staff and official visitors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizing meetings and appointments for the Executive Director and Managers with external stakeholders.
- Managing courier and official mail services.
- Manage and maintain records management systems.
- Support management of stores including stocking, issuance and updating of the store ledger.
- Perform assets register management and periodic update of same.
- Validating various bills and initiate payment processes.
- Handling travel and accommodation logistics for staff and official guests
- Support to assets management and physical assets verification.
- Reviews telephone expenses and personal usage being followed up and paid timely by individual staff.
- Accordingly received funds and timely recording and depositing with the bank.
- Monitoring travel advance, claims and settlements through preparation and maintenance of travel claim monitoring sheet.
- Ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in QuickBooks; travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports to projects; preparation of all types of vouchers.
- Management of cash receipts. Money received are timely recorded and deposited to ACB bank accounts;
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents;
- Support month-end and year-end closure through report preparation and submission including e.g. travel claim monitoring sheet, petty cash reconciliation, review and monitoring of receipt accrual and payment voucher status.
- Submission of documents to the concerned body for VAT refund,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted for the period until the end of the current project (November 2021) and renewable dependent on the funding and individual employee’s work performance.
Desired Academic Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
Desirable Key Attributes
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position..
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently, and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Self-driven and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in accounting software especially QuickBooks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and access)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com