|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
OVID GROUP is a corporate business group previously established as OVID construction plc and as a result of its swift growth, the company has now strategically expanded and diversified its investment portfolio into OVID Construction plc, OVID Real Estate, OVID Trading House, OVID Intergrade Heath group, OVID Manufacturing, OVID Venture and OVID IT solution. OVID is an acronym which stands for “Our Vision is Development”. Primarily, OVID Group is focused on identifying the basic needs of people in rendering their required service and provide affordable solutions through adapting alternative and advanced technologies in a wide range of business areas.
OVID Trading House is one of the business units within OVID Group which has been established and legally registered as private limited company to engage on exporting, Importing and local trading. It is mainly focused on but not limited to support sister companies and generate profit through supplying imported and local construction input materials, finishing materials and also exporting coffee, pulses and oilseeds. Hence we are here looking for a high caliber business professional who have the practical experiences related to his/her job title and the ability to work on a challenging business environment/sector
The position’s main objective is to ensure best practice in financial and administrative management, minimize risk and to maximize effectiveness, sustainability and growth of the company. S/he has overall responsibility for the development, management and reporting of the company budget and ensuring that Company’s financial management systems are conducted in compliance with relevant legislative, Ovid Group policy and procedural requirements of our country’s operation.
RESPONSIBILIIES AND TASKS
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial plans, analysis, budgets and progress reports as required
- Conduct detail financial analysis and recommendations to managing Director on the current and future stand of the company.
- Make sure payments and collections are made as planned.
- Follow up that the receipts and payment vouchers are in order and state their purpose clearly. Ensure that payments and invoices have the appropriate code and supporting documents.
- Follow up/prepare periodical and yearly financial report and submit to the Top management with sufficient explanation.
- Ensure that the monthly and annual government obligations are paid within the due date.
- Ensure that all costs and expenditures of the company are rated/buildup and recorded appropriately.
- Ensures that monthly salary/wage, allowances and employee benefits are paid on time.
- Ensures the proper implementation of the directives, instruction and other circulars given by the company (financial & employee manual) and the country.
- Controls and monitors the day to day activities of the staff and the attendance of all employees.
- Checks and confirms the proper utilization of periderms and allowances.
- Corresponds with public and governmental organizations on matters related to finance issues budget of the section/department and evaluates performances of the staff.
- Prepares/summarize the monthly and annual budget of the company with sufficient explanation and submit to Top Management of the company for the further decision.
- Directs and coordinates financial affairs of the company and the department's staff in a systematic and organized manner.
- At the end of each fiscal year, financial report of the company shall be prepared and will be ready for external auditors for inspection.
- Implements company’s human resource policy, regulations and directives.
- Prepares job descriptions and specifications for new job positions and gets them approved.
- Performs recruitment, indoctrination placement, transfer, promotion, motivation, disciplinary and exit activities as per the personnel administrations regulation of the plc and as well as Labor proclamation.
- Keep up to date with developments in the fields of job evaluation, equal value and related employment law to ensure that the organization continues efficiently
- Other duties will be assigned as required
- General Manager
Term of Employment
Education and Experience
- MA/BA degree in Finance Management, Accounting, Management, Business Administration or other related fields.
- For MSc degree, Minimum of 6 years’ progressive practical experience in the field out of which 3 years at managerial level
- For BA degree, Minimum of 9 years’ progressive practical experience in the field out of which 3 years at managerial level
Skill and Knowledge
- Is interested in the growth and well-being of the staff and Strong people-management and leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and mentor staff and create a positive team environment and has team building skills
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
- Proficiency in MS Dynamics, MS-Word and MS-Excel and other applications
- Must have good oral and written communication
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Interested applicants fulfilling the above requirements can submit their CV and copy of non-returnable credentials or testimonials within 15 days of this announcement in person or through an email to HRM office of the Ovid Group.
- Our company is locatedaround 22 (Hayahulet), behind Worku building and room number 101.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or/and email@example.com or/and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure that the position is mentioned on the subject if email is used to send the CV.