|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 16, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Seven Star Health Sciences and Business College is a newly established College at the center of the capital (Piassa). We are accredited in six health programs (Medical Radiology Technology, Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Science, Midwifery, Nursing, and Public Health) and four business programs (Accounting and Finance, Marketing Management, Business Management and Human Resource Management).
Under general supervision of the General Manager, the head plans and administers accounting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities and financial transactions; advises supervisor on accounting problems; prepares and submits periodic financial statements; brings up discrepancies to the attention of supervisor in accordance with the College financial policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains accounts or supervises subordinates in such accounting activities as cash sales, credit sales, CRV, receivable and collection
- Prepares financial statement, payroll calculation, reconciliation bank statement, vender ledger with payable accounts and stock balance with subsidiary ledger
- Ensures the recording of description, location, value and other pertinent information of all SSHSBC owned equipment, buildings and other property
- Monitors all subordinates are doing the duties efficiently and effectively
- Conducts financial investigations into such matters as high overhead costs, suspected fraud, abnormally high inventory, use of working capital and deviations from predicted or budgeted profit
- Provides advice on matters related to accounts
- Develops, installs, and maintains budgeting systems to control expenses
- Conducts periodic inventories to keep records current
- May follow up approved loans and credit facilities
- Performs other related duties as required.
- BA or MSc Degree in Accounting & Finance or related fields
- 6 years of relevant experience for BA holders and 3 years of experience for MSc
Required Knowledge & Skill
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills, self-motivated, critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Analytic and detail-oriented, with good organizational skills
- Self-motivated, high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked and fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high degree of proficiency in Excel.
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and Updated CV through the following address:
Please mention the specific Position you are applying for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.