|Location||With travels to Gambella, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 1, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) / Suomen Pakolaisapu (www.refugeecouncil.fi) is an International non-governmental organisation with Head Office in Helsinki; FRC advocates for the rights of refugees, displaced populations and migrants, and supports their new beginning. By reinforcing equality and creating opportunities for everyone to lead a good life, FRC promotes the establishment of stable and peaceful societies.
Education forms the foundations of an equal society, and FRC´s activities place emphasis on capacity building for the most vulnerable members of societies as well as for community-based organisations, thus strengthening basic democratic structures.
FRC has been registered and accorded legal personality with Registry Number 4184 on 11th of June 2019 as a Foreign Organisation and will start its operations in Ethiopia from August 2020 implementing the 1 year long humanitarian project funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland. The project is titled “Functional Adult Literacy for enhanced refugees´ resilience in Gambela Region” and aims at increasing the access to Functional Adult Literacy (FAL) for vulnerable South Sudanese refugees and host community members in Gambela Region.
FRC is looking for a dynamic and pro-active professional to be appointed Finance & Administration Manager to support the PM/C.Rep. and Field Coordinator for any administrative and financial issues.
His/her main tasks will be:
- Keep the project bookkeeping and deals with financial requests and advances;
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures and update and keep HR documents;
- Develop and implement job evaluation & performance management;
- Staff recruitment;
- Ensure compliance with legal, statutory and donors’ requirements;
- Support FRC Programme Manager/Country Representative in budgeting;
- Oversee logistics & procurement;
- Report to FRC Programme Manager/Country Representative.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Control over the entries to the Chart of Accounts;
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports and ensure all required supporting documents are properly coded and filed;
- Preparation and review of monthly pay-rolls;
- Carry out monthly analysis of actual expenditure vs. budget;
- Adhere to all legal financial requirements;
- Supervise the processing of bank and cash transactions and carry out the related monthly reconciliations;
- Review and consolidate monthly/quarterly financial forecast and cash requests with Programme Manager/Country Representative and ensure fund availability for project implementation;
- Ensure compliance with donors’ regulations, FRC policies and government rules and regulations;
- Verify that FRC procurement procedures are followed and understood by and accessible to all concerned staff;
- Advise Programme Manager/Country representative on areas of risks and recommend actions to take;
- Implement and adjust to the local context FRC HR policies and procedures;
- Manage recruitment processes and identify recruitment needs;
- Put in place appropriate performance evaluations systems;
- Ensure HR management in field offices is properly carried out.
- Carry out any other tasks as requested by FRC Programme Manager/Representative.
- 12 months (from 15th of September 2020 to 14th of September 2021) with possible extension subject to available funding.
- A bachelor degree in Finance/Economics/Business Administration or similar with minimum Certified Public Accountant qualification.
Work experience and competencies:
- At least 4 years experience in similar position for NGOs;
- Previous experience in HR management;
- Previous experience with International NGOs;
- Familiarity with national labour and fiscal laws governing the sector;
- Knowledge of fund accounting and financial management;
- Familiarity with main donors’ (e.g. EU, UKAid, UN Agencies) financial regulations;
- Knowledge of procurement principles and procedures.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards establishing local administrative procedures and protocol that will ensure optimal functioning of the operations;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills;
- Supportive personnel management style and ability to work in and as a team and strong leadership skills;
- Proficient written and spoken English language skills;
- Proficiency is Microsoft Office package.
- Training on human resource management and security.
Applications (CV and cover letter) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of August, 2020.
Interviews (via teleconference as well) will be tentatively held from 24th of August 2020.