|Location||Hawassa, Sidama Region with travel to the project sites and other parts of the country, Sidama, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
Length of Contract: one year with possibility of extension
Required Number: One (1)
Salary: as per the salary scale of organization
Duties and Responsibilities of Finance and Economy Coordinator:
- Support for audits (statutory and project) – preparation and completing of all required document
- Financial/Economy focused trainings and advice for project and finance staff
- Conformity with PIN/donors regulation
- Calculation and management of mission running costs
- Preparation of new proposals (budgets) and participating on project writing
- Preparation of reports for our donors (as per attached “Finance Main Roles” sheet)
- Everyday cooperation on linking of program and financial management of mission and projects (cooperation of SFO-Senior accountant – CD - PMs
- Fill in official spread sheets for assets, stock and construction inventory/reconciliation and send them on time to HQ
- Ensuring the procurement process and related documentation are in line with our policies
- Ensures data in Navision are correctly posted (G/L, BL)
- Preparation of budgets and Reporting to Local authorities (BOFED+)
- All project relevant financial documentation is in proper shape (contracts, stock overviews, external/internal reports)
2. Economy related
- Compliance with donors’ and governmental requirements
- Preparation of regular internal report for PIN management.
- Interpreting and analyzing information from Navision and ELO
- Cash flow management, uploading (approval) of MMR
- Approval of financial and procurement documents
- Partnership management - communication with partner NGOs and assuring financial conformity with respective contracts
- Oversight of spending plans and interpreting related points to project staff
3. Any other related tasks as required
- Supervision of adherence to the Ethiopian laws and regulations
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by supervisors
- FO Approvals (Contracts) in ELO - per respective projects
- Minimum MA/MSc Degree in Finance, Accounting, Financial Economy and other related fields of studies
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in Finance, particularly in project, mission Economy management
- Experience in auditing and government and donor requirements in finance
- Strong interpersonal, reporting writing and communication skills
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) especially Excel (will be tested during the interview)
- Fluency in English and Amharic, both written and spoken.
- Experiences with INGO sector mandatory
- Good at team management
- Experiences with some accounting software.
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted)
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents until July 4, 2021 via following application link: Finance and Economy Coordinator_ Application form
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.