|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Vacancy Announcement (Internal/External)
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare the donor acknowledgment letter for the grants transferred.
- Provide technical support for the project accountants.
- Review all financial documents of projects under his/her coordination
- Responsible to maintain financial documents in hard and soft copy.
- Posting accounting records on the Peachtree accounting system.
- Monthly closing works, adjusting entries, bank reconciliation and etc.
- Prepare periodic financial reports; such as monthly, quarterly and annual.
- Prepare donor reports based on the grant agreement and as needed.
- Prepare staff monthly Payroll.
- Ensure timely settlement of payroll deductions and government taxes such as; income tax, withholding tax, pension, and PF and etc.
- Provide support in budget preparation; such as annual and donor.
- Work in collaboration with other finance and program team
- Responsible to provide documents for internal and external auditors.
- Follow up proper settlement of projects and staff work advances.
- Check on payment request for budget and bank accounts balance.
- Checking reasonable breakdowns before payment is processed
- Controlling and follow up of expenses as per their allocations in the approved project document and budget transfer notes.
- Frequent monitoring of the projects financial activities.
- Responsible to work on additional related assignments given by immediate supervisor.
Reports To: Finance and Grants Department Head
Duty Station: Addis Ababa (EKHCDC Head Office)
Terms of Employment: One year with the possibility of extension
- Broad working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practical knowledge of financial system and internal controls;
- Experience working within Government of Ethiopia regulation of NGO activities
- Working knowledge of major donor funded operations, finances services and practices
- Excellent computer skills in excel and wide range of accounting software
- Passion and commitment to serve the poor and in full agreement with EKHCDC’s Vision ,Mission and values
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Good interpersonal, team building and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to coordinate, motivate and mentor staff and create positive team environment.
- Experience in NGO Grant and finance Management
- Hands on experience in finance Management software tools
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting copies of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names and contact details of referees in person or through the following address:
Ethiopian Kale Heywet Church
Development Commission Office,
HR & Operations Department