|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 25, 2022|
|Category|| Finance |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CATALYZE is a $250 million 5 to 8-year program designed to mobilize $2 billion in private capital, especially to underfinanced social sectors, such as education, and higher risk countries around the globe, particularly low-income and post-conflict countries. The program is complemented by a cross-cutting inclusion of gender-lens investing and will provide services to many missions and bureaus that “buy in” to tap the CATALYZE investment and pay-for-results project management expertise. Our aim is for investors to explore and find commercially viable opportunities and approaches to creating jobs, developing sustainable social services, tightening, and rationalizing supply chains, and advancing inclusive growth.USAID CATALYZE Ethiopia: MS4G is designed to benefit the Ethiopian people, build community resilience, and strengthen rural-urban linkages in the areas of food security and WASH. MS4G invests in developing strong relationships with private sector players, co-investing in inclusive business models, advisory services, digital solutions, and market-based initiatives that increase the resilience and sustainability of Ethiopian enterprises and employment for women and youth.MS4G uses a market systems approach to address key food security and WASH sub-systems and the impact of economic shocks, including COVID-19 and political instability, by stimulating adoption, adaptation, broad expansion, responsive institutionalization, and scaling of approaches and business models to transform the lives of Ethiopians.Primary Duties And ResponsibilitiesThe MS4G Finance Assistant will report to MS4G Operations Manager.Key Responsibilities IncludePrepare payment voucher, cash receipts vouchers, and make journal entry after securing the necessary supporting documentation and follow Palladium policies and procedures.
- Write and issue checks to the name of authorized payee/vendors.
- Prepare check payments/bank transfers for advances approved by the budget holders and supported by the necessary documents.
- Assist staff on travel advances request and settlement process.
- Assist on preparation of payroll related taxes.
- Make sure that all government taxes & other obligations are deducted & assist on the payment process.
- Assist on requests for VAT reimbursement with USAID per the established procedure.
- Handle petty cash funds according to Palladium petty cash policy and always keep petty cash funds in a safe box.
- Replenish petty cash fuds before it reaches below the minimum level set.
- Count a petty cash funds with a person assigned by the Finance Manager at the end of every month and makes reconciliation.
- Perform other duties which are in line with the scope of the position as assigned by their supervisor.
- BA in Accounting/Business Administration/Banking and Finance or related fields
- 2-3 Years’ of relevant experience in similar responsibilities.
- Knowledge of US government regulations for USAID funded NGO is preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time.
- Very good computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID and local rules and regulations,
- Intermediate experience of Microsoft Excel
Company OverviewAbout Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.