|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2023|
|Category|| Finance |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
The position holder will be responsible to all cash transactions necessary for effective office running including petty cash management, support cash related project deliverables and maintaining documentation as per the organization regulation.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
· Ensure minimum cash balance is available for the normal functioning of the sub- office.
· Avail all cash request of the sub- office and pay without any significant delay to the intended purpose as per the requests.
· Check all financial documents are reviewed and approved before payments are effected.
· Replenish all documents on time so that the organization record shows up to date balance.
· Deposit all collected cash within a day to the organization account.
· Follow and pay all the sub- office cash commitment are paid on time e.g. telephone, electric, & water bills.
· Keep records of all amount paid, received and reconcile cash balance with records every working day.
· Report all cash shortage/ overage and all unpaid vouchers of more than reasonable time.
· Support the Emergency Finance Officer in paying tax issues to the relevant tax authority.
· Conduct monthly summery of pension, Income tax and withholding tax and submitted to the emergency finance officer to facilitate the payment
· Facilitate check payment to suppliers and staffs on time.
· Keep filling systems in which documents could be readily available, easily traced and ensure that all documents fulfil the appropriate source documents & signatures.
· Support other staffs on finance related issue
· Support the Emergency Finance Officer in Audit Facilitation.
· Performs any other duty assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
· Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
· Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
· Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- A minimum of diploma in Accounting/Business management & related fields with at least two years of relevant experience.