|Location||Guji Zone, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Purpose Summary:
The Finance Assistant/Cashier will provide support to effectively conduct the tasks and requirements of International Medical Corps field-based finance and admin department
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Handles cash and check payment of the field office operations.
· Ensures field accounting reports are submitted on time and complete.
· Prepares, monitors and analyses monthly financial reports including Cost Point (CP) data entry
· Ensures that all entries are properly documented and all transactions are backed up with complete required documentation that is properly dated and signed.
· Maintains bank and cash transaction journal and informs and cashier of daily balances.
· Prepares check request vouchers and payment vouchers ensuring that all supporting documents are completed before payment.
· Prepares and sends weekly and monthly plan of cash requirement.
· Responsible for custody of cash in the office and cash disbursements. Makes sure that backup documentation for cash disbursements is duly approved and on file prior making cash payments
· Assist Finance and Admin/HR Officer with finance information related to field asset and inventory list
· Photocopying, printing, scanning and filing
· Other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting or relevant field.
· 2 years work experience in sound cash management and/or NGO work experience is preferable.
· Active knowledge of English language writing and speaking
· Proficiency in financial software, MS Excel and MS Word as well as good grasp on Internet and email communication.
Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before July 27, 2020
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.