|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The position holder is responsible for managing head office cash accounting and related tasks independently and in line with IMCs rules and regulations.
· Responsible for the daily cash handling and reconciliation
· Ensure that all necessary documentation is maintained and authorized by relevant signatories before cash/Cheque payments and cash collections
· Update the daily cash transactions journal (CTJ) and share with senior finance officer for posting to CostPoint.
· Maintaining cash box to be safe
· Ensure that necessary codes are filled in before settling payments
· Make timely cash replenishment request when cash account reaches to the minimum balance
· Issue Withholding Tax Receipt to the payer wherever applicable.
· Effective coordination with colleagues at the country office and projects
· Provide required documents for an auditor whenever Internal Control is conducted and assist on follow-up of auditor’s findings.
· Follow-up and check the timely settlement of cash travel advances.
· Filing according to IMC-Standards
· Handle period staff provident fund payment preparation and settlement.
· Perform other duties and tasks at the request of the supervisor.
· University degree (BA) in Accounting, Business Management or equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years professional experience in related field
· Good knowledge of standard computer application such as MS Office application.
· Active knowledge of English language writing and speaking
· Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before August 17th, 2020
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.