|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 28, 2022|
|Category|| Finance |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
• Responsible for the administration of USAID VAT and Non USAID VAT, and pension fund
• Prepare monthly VAT schedule for claim to USAID and follow up VAT receivable balance and responsible for reconciliation of VAT.
• Prepare monthly Non USAID VAT schedule for claim to Revenue office
• Responsible for regular reconciliation of VAT both USAID and Non USAID VAT receivables
• Handling the offline VAT register sheet for all short term awards and timely claim
• Reclassification of rejected VAT balance to respective awards (Source of Fund) before the ward expire date.
• Regular communication with field offices finance team for timely submission of VAT supporting documents
• Coach and train finance team on the VAT essential invoice requirements and VAT new directives
• Timely VAT claim to USAID and Revenue Office
• Prepare accurate VAT reports for Award and Members
• Ensure safe filing of VAT documents, both in soft copy and hard copy for further reference.
• Prepares monthly pension fund schedule and arranges fund transfer to designated government bank account
• Ensure Income Taxes, Pension and Withholding taxes are reduced from all salaries, relevant benefits and suppliers/consultants and paid to Revenue offices according to government legislation requirements
• Responsible for the reconciliation of pension fund balance at the agency with the depositing agency.
• Prepares detail monthly payroll tax schedule and reconcile with Agresso system general ledger balance timely settlement of government obligations and ensure a reminder is sent to all field offices and Sub offices monthly for any outstanding Pension fund and tax
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)|
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values dAzxIBq DmW34S
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|