|Location||Bahir Dar /TOP EDIBLE OIL FACTORY/, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job post for Finance Head
Main purpose of the job: To ensure that support Finance department by structuring and managing, organizing relationships between a diverse group of constituents, and in performing operational and finance related duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet on-going operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in on-going cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
- Other activities and duties as instructed by immediate supervisor
- Energetic, self-starter, organized and ability to work under pressure.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple functions (documentation of minutes and summaries, follow up on issues, attending meetings, planning and handling of logistics, etc.)
- Ability in the application of computer packages and typing skills.
- Firm belief in teamwork and gender equality
- Commitment to values and working styles of TOP.
Reporting to: Factory GM
Education, Experience and Skills/Person Specification:
- Minimum B.sc .Degree in Finance and Accounting.
- Experience: 6 years of experience in FMCG sector and 2 years in managerial positions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English through ethiojobs.net or via our e-mail address email@example.com, by July 7th 2021 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!