|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Internship |
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
This role will responsible for effective financial documents are kept safe in hard and soft copy in shared drive of the PIE; support the CO Finance team in facilitating the document archiving, meeting donor compliance requirements and maintain financial documentation properly. Moreover, maintains high standards of quality and integrity of financial data.
Dimensions of the Role
· Responsible for country office scanning all financial documents in daily basis.
· Responsible for maintenance of a proper filling system in hard and soft copy after the scan conducted.
· Avielle both the hard and soft copy for the required purpose timely.
· Put PAID Stamp for all financial documents before the scan in daily basis.
· Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Child Protection and Gender Equality Responsibilities
· Demonstrate commitment to Plan’s child protection policy through implementing the policy in its entirety, and report any actual or potential risk situations following the reporting procedures, being aware of abuse and risks to children, being vigilant, becoming familiar with the Child Protection Policy.
· Raise children’s rights/protection awareness and important of gender equality and respect to diversity within Plan and amongst partners and community members.
· Child protection and gender equality policies are understood by the staff and partners.
· Ensure equal participation and benefit of boys and girls and children with disabilities in all phases of programme/ project implementation.
· Ensure sufficient budget and resources are allocated for gender equality activity in their respective area annual plans and project activities.
· Support partners in understanding plans’ gender equality strategy and program criteria and capacity building activities on gender as part of the regular work at field level.
· Ensure the representation of Plan Ethiopia in their respective region from gender equality perspectives.
1. Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Dealing with Problems:
Engages in various grant related reporting to stack holders coming from inside and outside the organization and this needs strong knowledge of case management and how to prioritize the same.
Internally: Establish and maintain open and cordial relationship with Finance staff.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Educational Qualification and Experience
· Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a recognized college/University
· Zero years of experience.
· Attention to detail, accuracy, analytical and presentation skills
· Proficiency in computer application software and MS Office, such as Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet. Moreover, easily operating the scan machine
- Good communication skills, team player, willing to work long hours when needed
· Ability to follow instructions accurately and meet deadlines
· Basic knowledge of Book Keeping.
· Basic Knowledge of computer skill.
Skills Specific to the Post:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Computer literacy with advanced skills in Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated writing, and presentation skills
· Basic Knowledge in written and spoken English language
Competencies and values:
· Respect, accountability, integrity, courage, excellence, building partnership, coaching, contributing to team success, leading through vision and values; negotiating, proactive problem solving, managing performance for success, facilitating change.
· Innovation and risk taking to achieve impact and broad scalable results drive strategic priorities.
Level of contact with children
· Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
1. Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
2. Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
3. Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
4. Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
5. Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
1. Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
2. Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
3. Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
4. Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
1. Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
2. Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
3. Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
4. Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
5. Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
6. Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
7. Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
8. Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
The post holder usually avails in the office during the organizations working hours for all grants financial management and compliance with donor requirements
The closing date for the application in February 28,2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link http://ethiojobs.net/docs/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.