|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #114/2021
GIZ Office to the African Union
GIZ is supporting the African Union (AU) on behalf of the German Federal Government since 2004. With around 20 regional and continental technical cooperation projects in line with the AU's stated goals, the GIZ AU portfolio is now active in 34 countries across the continent and has staff in 17 countries of Africa. Majority of employees of the GIZ AU projects are based in the headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Pretoria, South Africa.
The GIZ AU Office in Addis Ababa is looking for an Intern who, with creative will as well as openness to piloting and innovation, contributes to the further development of this dynamic GIZ portfolio and supports us in making the GIZ Office to the AU efficient and cost-effective through Finance and accounting processes.
Contract duration: 3 months
- Providing support to the GIZ AU newly established Finance and Admin Service Units,
- Supports in Accounting and administrative activities.
The intern will undertake the following tasks and produce relevant deliverables:
- Support with compiling and submitting complete financial documents to GIZ Office under the guidance and supervision of the finance and administration officers;
- Support the Finance and Administration team in filing according to GIZ rules and regulations;
- Provide required documents for an auditor whenever Internal or External Control is conducted and assists on follow-up of auditor’s findings;
- Handling the proper filing system in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations is undertaken
- Handles photocopying, scanning, binding & sorting of documents
- Assist the finance section – preparing monthly withholding receipts and VAT registration on time and follow up of the refund of VAT.
- Compile and quality control for Tax declaration report and send to GDCO
- Managing (controlling, distributing and ensuring timely replacement) of the office stationery, cleaning and canteen materials for finance department
- Assists in and/or carries out other office activities as assigned
- University degree in Accounting, business administration with a focus on finance or related area;
- 0 years’ experience
- Familiarity with relevant accounting software and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Strong interpersonal and service skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Finance intern #114’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”