|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
1. Plan, direct, organize, control, and supervise the financial activities of the Company, the farms, and the sister Company;
2. Prepare budget & business plans, operational plans and follow-up implementation, when approved.
3. Ensure that the Company’s accounts and financial management system is organized in a modern way; and managed in a transparent, efficient and cost-effective manner.
4. Ensure the availability of proper accounts record and back-ups, easily accessible and retrievable ;
5. Ensure that the Company’s financial movement is managed in accordance with the Company’s applicable policies and procedures as well as the laws of the land.
6. In consultation with the Sales and Marketing Department of the Company, attentively follow-up transfer of sales proceeds to the Company’s Bank account and collections in accordance with the sales contract concluded with buyers.
7. In consultation with the G/Manager, HR & Organizational Development Manager, and Head of the Procurement Divisions, attentively follow-up the management obligations of the Company owed to fanciers, creditors and the Government.
8. Follow-up changes in the legal environment pertaining to tax and customs duty; communicate the new developments to the management and implement accordingly.
9. In consultation with Procurement Division Head, attentively follow-up payment schedules to the execution of purchase contracts.
10. Analyze and strictly supervise the cash flow trends of the Company, and come up with proposals for remedial actions if anomalies are forecasted.
11. Design an effective financial management system which enables the Department to deliver financial information swiftly.
12. Ensure that each and every financial movement, in terms of payments and receipts, is supported by acceptable documents.
13. Establish sound and acceptable monitoring system with a view to ensuring the congruence of financial expenditure with the approved budget lines.
14. Consider the most applicable system with a view to ensuring the effectiveness of the Company’s internal financial control system both at the Head Office and the Farms.
15. Devise a mechanism for ensuring the cost effectiveness of the Company’s operations and support services such as canteen, store, guest house, procurement management, and other cost –centers; and come-up with proposals for improvement or reconsideration..
16. Develop the operation management and leadership skills of the staff of the Finance Department both at the Head Office and the Farm.
17. Ensure that reports on the financial positions of the Company and cost of operations are prepared and submitted in time.
18. Critically analyze and interpret financial statements and cost of operations, and come-up with recommendations and proposals for improvement or considerations.
19. Advise the Company’s top management on the financial opportunities and risks in the short and long terms by conducting professional analysis and assessments proactively.
20. Evaluate the performance of the persons directly accountable to the Finance Manager.
21. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports of the Department and submit to the G/Manager in time.
Undertake any other activities as per the guidance and instruction of the G/Manager.
· MA preferable, Bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance;
· At least 10 years experience in accounts and finance management, of which at least 5 years should be in managerial position;
· Excellent ability and skills in organizing, coordinating and leading the tasks of the finance department.
· Good experience in accounts and financial management, including contract and obligation managements;
· Good experience and knowledge of modern accounting procedures and standards, and the financial laws of the country applicable to a business organization;
· Excellent ability in financial reports preparation, data analysis and forecasting.
· Willingness to travel to the farm frequently
Interested applicants for the above mentioned positions can submit their application letter, resume and other non-returnable supporting documents in person to the Company’s Head Office , Addis Ababa, Bisrate Gebriel Area , in front of Addis Home Depot, SAN Building, 4th Floor, Room No. 403; Or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 consecutive days from the date of this announcement
Tel. No. 011-3-72-01-11