|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 15, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Summary of the Role:
The Finance Manager is responsible for monitoring all financial data and preparation of accurate statements for our company. The role includes budgeting, managing tax payments and performing internal audits to ensure compliance. You will act as a consultant for senior managers, conducting cost and revenues analyses, oversee all financial aspects of company strategy and is responsible for the flow of financial information between CFO and the finance team, and, where necessary, external parties such as investors, bankers, regulatory agencies etc.
SUCAFINA is a coffee trading house based in Switzerland with the vision of becoming the World’s leading sustainable, farm to roaster, and coffee supplier by 2025. The SUCAFINA Ethiopian Representative Office has been in operation since 2016. Previously focused primarily upon commercial coffees, we are focused upon growing this business while shifting attention towards growing our presence in the specialty coffee market.
SUNCAFINA Ethiopia is looking for a motivated, dedicated individual to help us manage, adapt and improve our financial operations in Ethiopia. This individual will be responsible for producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding managers in making informed business decisions in the long and short term
You will thrive here if:
- You take pride in your work and continuously look to improve and grow
- You can operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You believe data-led decision making is the norm
- You have a great attitude and see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
The role also includes being Treasurer to manage the organization’s financial aspects from cash management to corporate finance. Senior management will also depend on you to report on and analyze relevant information.
The goal will be to protect the company’s finances to guarantee the long-term success of the business.
- Based in Addis Ababa at the SUCAFINA Ethiopia Representative Office in the Lancha area with rare trips to the field in coffee producing regions throughout Ethiopia.
Salary: Negotiable (based on experience and assessed ability to perform job responsibilities).
Position Type: Permanent
Reporting Line: Reports to CFO East Africa and Managing Director
Start Date: Position to begin as soon as possible
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Preparation of monthly management reports and annual Financial Statements in accordance with the company policies, procedures, IAS and IFRSs
- Preparation of all the documents that are required to support the annual auditing exercise and liaise with the both internal and external auditors during interim and annual audit and follow-up recommendations of internal audit findings
- Preparation and remittance of all monthly and annual statutory returns and social charges
- Effective management of currency exposure, ensuring minimal exposure to major currency devaluations and movements
- Inventory management
- Treasury management
- Review & update existing Financial Policies and Procedure manuals
- Budget preparation coordination, review and follow-up
- Tracking of Origin performance against budget and variance analysis & reporting
- Tax management and planning
- Management of accounting systems
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintain the financial health of the organization
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans
- Cash flow planning and forecast
- Conduct reviews and cost saving opportunities
- Review of Origin Balance Sheet movements / reconciliations / follow-up;
- Monitoring and follow-up of VAT receivables, timely filing, audits and refunds
- Maintain dynamic Costing Sheet & Origin Master File with Origin Managing Director
- Review and approval of origin working capital and finance requests
- Effective monitoring of production output and yields against set standards
- BA in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field.
- At least 5-years of work experience in Mid-level management
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office and Sun accounting system
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English is a must
- Experience in commodity trading is an added advantage
Skills and core competences:
- Displays ability to work well in a group setting with understanding of corporate hierarchy and chain of reporting
- Enterprising and innovative
- Must display a forward thinking ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems that may exist in their field of work to strengthen SUCAFINA operations in Ethiopia.
- Good communication skills are a must
- Must display an ability to adapt to changing work/field conditions and resourcefulness in completing sometimes challenging tasks
- Must remain flexible and be willing to travel to remote field sites, when required, to complete tasks in challenging settings.
- Ability to work in a start-up environment as part of a core team building the organization from ground-up.
- Sound planning skills
- Focused priorities, innovativeness and motivation
- Good inter-personal as well as intra-personal skills
- Emanate role model behavior and exhibit team based work culture
- Ability to think in an innovative manner
- Drive for results
- Strong negotiation skills
If you are an interested and qualified candidate, please send a letter of interest and your CV/resume to apply online via ethiojobs.net
Only short listed candidates will be considered for the position
IMPORTANT: IF APPLYING VIA E-MAIL, BE SURE TO STATE THE JOB POSITION IN THE SUBJECT TITLE OF THE EMAIL.