|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Finance Manager – Budget and Cost Analyst is one of a key position for the Finance Department in managing and overseeing the overall Country office portfolio analysis, Cost trends, development of operating budget in collaboration with other departments, preparing and updating the cost pool allocation for budgeting and actuals, Cost analysis for operational costs ( OADM/F) and proposal budgets, preparing and updating the salary mapping, analyzing the CP spending analysis including sub awards and managing the program/administrivia costs of the country program as per the statutory requirement. S/he acts as the focal point for budget and cost analysis and works with finance, program, and operation departments. This position reports directly to Assistant Finance Controller.
Financial Management/ Budgeting/Spending analysis:
- Active participation of operating budget development and monitoring the spending trend.
- Actively involved in proposal budget development and support the proposal development team
- Develop and implement a financial management mechanism in the system
- Assist in annual and project specific budget preparation
- Take a lead in financial management and assist project staff and the budget holders in project cycle management, events planning and management and other project related activities
- Prepare monthly funds request in consultation with Head
- Developing an annual organization operational budget
- Administering and reviewing all financial plans and budgets, monitor progress and changes and advise on the trend of budget spending in collaboration with program team
- Financial management of restricted grants from a variety of donors.
- Provide cost analytical report to AFC and DF.
- Grant financial management:
- Ensures that procedures are followed by IRC rules and regulations
- Reviewing of MoU partner grant agreement
- Continuous mapping of IRC grants, program/ OADM/ F ratio.
- Routinely monitors and check expenditures of financial agreement & grant budget
- Assists on follow-up of the transfer of funds to partners
- Institute in accordance with organizational policy, IPSAS and donor requirements for the specified contract period
- Process grants transactions according to organizational manuals, regulatory requirements and grant timelines and terms of reference.
- Prepare a cost allocation pool for new opportunities and share with grant unit for budgeting
- Prepare cost allocation pool for actual charges monthly with respective finance team
- Maintaining continuous and effective communication with other project departments on financial related issues
- Review and approve adjusting and correcting journal for grant projects and ensure adequate supporting document are attached to each journal
- Participate in Grants planning, budgeting, forecasting and IRC Ethiopia year end closing process.
Internal Control System:
- Verifies correctness of vouchers including supporting documents
- Make sure that reliability of financial reporting
- Ensure the application of compliance of applicable laws and regulation all the time
- Close follow up on cost efficiency and effectiveness of the organization operations
Cost management and ratio Analysis:
- Salary mapping development, review and monitoring on regular basis
- Evaluate IRC costs allocations analysis and monitoring its application all the time
- Monthly updates of detail analysis of the IRC unit cost
- Regular monitoring of program & operation ratio
- Ensuring accurate calculation and distribution of salaries and other benefits to employees
- Keep track of cost re-charged to members for staff payroll, benefits, reimbursements, etc.
- Provide expert consultation regarding the implementation of Cost Allocation Policy (CA) at project/grant level and support on C reallocation process
- Ensure proper implementation of the WORKDAY/HRMIS and costs allocated to grant projects based on grant terms and conditions and IRC standard policies
- Ensure that country office costs are correctly allocated to the appropriate grants proportional, particularly ensuring that costs are correctly coded and fairly allocated and managed.
- Assisting with the annual audit and any internal audit or donor audits by providing information and answering queries
- Coordinate grants audit preparation in liaison with respective Program Team, Accounts team Reporting team and assigned Finance focal Person
- Ensure timely resolution of audit findings and implementation of recommendations as per the organization Policy
- Minimize financial risk and exposure to exchange rates
- Perform regular audit inventory tracking
- Support central finance team with any ad hoc queries
- Perform stock and inventory management together with supply chain unit
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of the supervisor
- Fluency in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance, or any related field.
- Minimum 6 years of dynamic work experience in a non-profit setting overseeing and handling partners’ projects funded by major institutional donors, particularly USAID, ECHO, EU, DFID , and others
- Knowledge of cost analysis, cost interpretations, and budget management.
- Detailed knowledge of US Government procurement rules and regulations, OMB Circulars, and related administrative guidelines and requirements associated with funding from BHA or USAID in particular. Knowledge of ECHO, EU, UN, or DfID rules and regulation will be a plus.
- Experience in training, capacity building, and mentoring of staff on budget and cost analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present to groups of all sizes.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and handle multiple simultaneous tasks and demands coming from multiple sources.
- Willing to travel within the region.
- Hard-working, sharp and detailed oriented
- Proficiency in MS Office software suite – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Experience working with databases and/or other tracking systems