|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2022|
|Category|| Finance |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The purpose of the Ethiopia Sustainable Peace (SP) Activity is to create a platform where USAID/Ethiopia can assist Ethiopian stakeholders demonstrate greater resilience to prevent and respond to destabilizing manifestations of conflict.
The Finance Manager will manage the project’s financial systems and be responsible for all matters related to financial management and financial reporting . S/he will report directly to the Chief of Party and will oversee a finance team.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports in line with USAID and Creative’s financial regulations
- Supervise Finance Team, mentoring and coaching colleagues on policies, procedures, financial regulations etc.
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations
- Provide and interpret financial information from Microsoft Dynamics SL and other project source documents
- Ensure appropriate accounting control and procedures in all financial operations
- Review local expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with USAID and Creative’s financial practice before reimbursement
- Coordinate with program and administrative staff to ensure that transactions are properly planned, recorded and coded
- Prepare payroll, send pay slips and and ensure that salary advance and liquidation are processed on time
- Coordinate with the bank for information regarding exchange rate, bank balances, wire transfers etc.
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements
- Facilitate monthly field expense reports and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices.
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience in developing and managing financial systems for donor-funded projects
- Experience in East Africa (Ethiopia preferred) working in international development
- US government (USAID preferred) administrative compliance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with computerized accounting essential
- Familiar with all MS Office applications
- Fluent in written and spoken English, proficiency in Amharic preferred
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Local nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.