|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Finance Manager to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The Finance Manager will ensure that financial transactions are properly supported and recorded, following USG and Ethiopian regulations. This position works closely with the Operations Manager and the Grants Manager. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Manage finance and accounting funds for in-kind and cash grants, other program activities, and contractor operation.
- Supervise Finance Team of accountants both in Addis and the field offices.
- Use OTI Activity Database to track and report on disbursements for all activity and non-activity expenditures.
- Review, complete as needed, and coordinate supporting documentation for each transaction.
- Work with Accountants to enter payments into QuickBooks Online on a daily basis, assuring that the correct account and description are entered.
- Prepare in QuickBooks monthly bank reconciliations for each bank account.
- Review and oversee the Petty Cash fund.
- Maintain liquidity of funds in the field and regular financial reporting.
- Provide pipelines to Chief of Party (COP) and adjust for exchange rate fluctuations (if needed) and availability of funds.
- In coordination with the Operations Manager (OM) and the Grants Manager, assure that all USG and Ethiopian regulations and processes are followed, and document any deviation to the stablished procedures with the COP/OM approval.
- Coordinate with the Dexis HQ Finance team on financial matters.
- Adjust for exchange rate fluctuations and availability of funds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in finance, accounting, or a relevant field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience managing finance and accounting for a USAID or other donor-funded program.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in finance and accounting.
- Experience with accounting systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.