|Location||Borena_Yabello, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the overall Financial Management of the Programme Office. Other responsibilities comprise management & monitoring of monthly expenditure against budget, and liaison with logistics to ensure proper completion and management of GOAL Ethiopia’s asset registers.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
- BA/Diploma in Accounting or related field with 2/4 years experience in Finance in an NGO environment
- Very good application of SAGE and BMT.
- High level of accuracy, attention to details.
- Ability to deliver task on deadline.
- Very good knowledge and application of MS-Office, especially Excel.
- Good English communication skill (written and spoken).
- Experience and knowledge of USAID/OFDA, ECHO, EHAF, Irish Aid, etc. fund management.
- Team oriented, flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
Desirable qualities, skills and competences:
- Knowledge and application of advanced excel.
- Knowledge and application of other accounting software package, Peachtree, SUN, etc.
- NGO experience
- Good command of English language & Knowledge of the local area.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable CV & Application Letter for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can Only apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly apply on line using www.ethiojobs.net
- Applicants without access to internet can submit to the Administration & Human Resources Department, GOAL Ethiopia P. O. Box 5504, Addis Ababa or personally to GOAL Ethiopia Office at YABELLO or Head office reception.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.